Ipswich £30K - £60K - Multiple roles available at various levelsThe Company
You will be joining a business that researches, develops and supports secure applications and systems with the main focus of combating cyber-crime. There are a number of high-profile customers that need talented professionals, to help in creating innovative solutions to the latest security vulnerabilities and countermeasures.
This will also provide an opportunity to get a foot in the door of the defence sector. All candidates with be put through DV clearance and given access to top secret and mission critical projects.
You will also be joining a business that is renowned for their investment in their employees. This organisation boast an impressive internal structure that is designed around pushing employees to reach their potential and support their aspirations. With one of the largest training budgets in the UK and a company culture where difference is celebrated and innovation is encouraged.Essential Skills Analysis
- Data Science; Visualisation/Big Data
- Understanding of opportunistic or APT based kill chains and mitigation techniques; Reconnaissance, Vulnerability research, Exploitation, Exfiltration and Evasion Techniques
- Knowledge of Malware/Crimeware threats
- Knowledge of analytical tools such as; R, Spark, ELK stack and Splunk
- Knowledge in Machine learning or a background in mathematics
- Experience with Visualisation tools such as; Gephi, Splunk, Kibana, BT Saturn
- Ability to hypothesise attack scenarios to then design suitable detection and mitigation countermeasures
- Knowledge of real-time, big-data processing; e.g. Spark, MapReduce, Hive, Impala, Flume, Kafka, Oozie
- Ability to identify useful sources of OSINT and corporate data to assist with developing cyber capabilities
Due to the nature of the work carried out by this client, to be considered for the role you must be eligible for DV CLEARANCE
- Nw Fundamentals
- Broad understanding of Network protocols (Ethernet, MPLS, VPN, IP, Routing Protocols, RADIUS) with particular focus on transport protocols (e.g. TCP/UDP) and application protocols (e.g. HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS).
- Knowledge of network topologies and common services (e.g. Botnet CandC, NAT)
- Understanding of national scale networks and how routing happens on that scale
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Daniel Shannon at Evolution Recruitment.