About The Role
We are looking for a Data & MI Test Lead to undertake test analysis, test design and test execution of the data warehouse and the MI reporting software systems associated with the delivery of quality IT solutions.
Test planning, monitoring and control of test phases with efficient communication skills and able to report status to the stakeholders
Review test design techniques within ETL and database testing write test scripts to deconstruct complex functional requirements and technical specifications into detailed test conditions.
Design & execute manual and automated test cases to identify defects and provide quality assurance of system changes prior to release into production.
Support the mentoring of trainee test analysts and provide support to UAT analysts during the User Acceptance Test phase.
- A proven testing background with a solid understanding and experience of the Software Development Lifecycle, testing methodologies and techniques.
- Experienced with industry standard software development lifecycles inc. Agile development methodologies
- SQL experience with advanced SQL scripting for Test Preparation
- Proven Experience in software testing of database, Data Quality, ETL and Reports/Extracts
- Proven experience in understanding of DW architecture, the data modelling and the reporting platform
- Proven experience in working on data and migration projects
- Exposure/Experience of using automation tools for data quality, reconciliations, performance and the ETL Testing
- Advanced SQL scripting (joins, unions, minus, correlated sub queries and DML operations etc.)
- Understanding of DW/BI architecture and worked with BI Projects
ETL - Expereince of one or more of the below or similar :
- IBM InfoSphere (Full Suite)
- Informatica Power Centre
- Microsoft SSIS/SSAS
Database - Expereince of one or more of the below or similar:
- SQL Server
Reporting/Analytics Expereince of one or more of the below or similar:
- Cognos Report/Query Studio v10
- Business Objects XI
- JIRA, QuerySurge, Confluence
- Desirables : QMetry, Informatica DVO
- Certified knowledge of the software testing process through ISTQB qualification is desirable.
Other essential information:
- Certified or training knowledge of Data warehousing or Business Intelligence or any analytics platform
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Good team player who is capable of working on their own initiative and worked on matrix management
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think logically and create test cases and scripts which thoroughly test all aspects of system changes ensuring quality solutions.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timescales.