As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Poly uniquely understand the power of human connection. We've seen it drive innovation, solve problems, inspire action and power productivity. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most -- whether it's their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games. Together, our technology will keep that connection strong and fuel a future collaboration and understanding, in spite of circumstances, distance or time zones.
The Systems Engineer (SE) will partner with our Sales teams in a pre-sales role. The SE will act as a trusted advisor and technical consultant for all Poly products and related technologies. This includes showcasing Poly solutions, setting up demonstrations, communicating the value proposition to customers, and designing solutions to meet specific customer needs.
The SE will be equipped and expected to stay current on industry standards and maintain a working knowledge of competitor offerings and emerging trends in the collaboration industry as a whole. In this role, the SE will determine customer needs, create sales proposals, develop and deliver sales presentations both independently and in concert with account managers.
Every day is different, but here is an overview of what the SE will be required to do:
- Act as a trusted advisor and technical consultant for all Poly products and related UC technologies.
- Develop a comprehensive customers and partners relations strategy and monitor its effectiveness through regular contacts.
- Prequalify opportunities and understand customers' requirements.
- Maintain a current expert knowledge of all Poly solutions and services.
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitors' products and services and of emerging trends in the UC industry as a whole.
- Create sales quotes, proposals and responses to RFQ/RFPs.
- Develop and deliver sales and technical presentations.
- Design end-to-end collaboration solutions that address a customer's business needs.
- Assist customers with equipment budgets, systems requirements and specifications.
- Effectively demonstrate Poly solutions and support demos/evaluation/PoCs.
- Provide input for development of new products and enhancement of current products.
- Deliver enablement sessions to partners to make sure they are up to date with Poly solutions and services.
- Travel frequently inside and outside the region to support customers and partners and to receive training.
Required Education, Experience, Skills
- Public speaking and presentation abilities, with a focus on presenting technical information to those with a non-technical background, including excellent active listening skills.
- Strategic technical sales background providing technical solutions to address customer business needs.
- Experience in troubleshooting Enterprise Environments.
- Discussing conferencing and collaboration technologies with a view to demonstrating their usefulness to current and potential customers.
- Working effectively across cross functional lines, in coordination with others involved in marketing, sales, logistics, technical services.
- Creating technical responses and formal documentation in a written and graphical format.
- Experience in IP networks, Virtualisation, switching and routing protocols, QoS; Security.
- Solid experience in Voice over IP and telephony.
- Awareness of ITU-T H. 32X and IETF SIP suite of standards.
- Competitive VTC and UC Background a plus.
- Working knowledge of Skype for Business/Teams and Microsoft.
- Experience with cloud solution and services.
- Service providers solutions experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated, pro-active and to work in a small team.
- Business level English and French required.
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.