|Listed on:||30th July|
|Salary Notes:||£Competitive Plus Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Service|
Power Electronics Development Engineer (Motor Drives)
Our client is an exciting new company that's looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Their mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
They want to bring the very latest technologies and development methodologies to what is traditionally a slow industry. Our client is now looking for a Power Electronics Development Engineer to join them and support the development of their aircraft.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of up to 5%
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
If you possess expertise in inverter design and motor control that is supported by strong analytical skills and practical ability, this is an exceptional opportunity to join a fresh-thinking organisation that lives and breathes innovation.
Within a collaborative and fast-paced environment, you will have the chance to help drive the success of an ambitious project that has the potential to transform the aviation industry as we know it.
As a Power Electronics Development Engineer, you will support our client's vehicle and powertrain development projects, with a focus on developing motor drive inverters.
In this vital role as a Power Electronics Development Engineer, you will:
- Develop inverter functional and performance requirements and interface specifications
- Analyse and model inverter topologies, comparison of power device technologies, size and mass estimation, loss calculation, thermal modelling etc.
- Support and assist external partners in the development and testing of inverter hardware
- Analyse and interpret test and simulation data
- Work closely with other internal engineering disciplines and external partners to help deliver highly integrated design solutions
In addition, you will play a key part in the creation of technical documentation for internal and external audiences.
To be considered as a Power Electronics Development Engineer, you will need:
- Previous experience related to and relevant to this position
- Knowledge of power semiconductor device technologies and their application ranges
- Knowledge of inverter circuit topologies applicable to motor drive applications
- Thorough understanding of engineering first principles and ability to perform basic hand calculations to check designs
- An understanding of field-oriented control of AC machines
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
In addition, understanding and experience of working through a product development cycle would be advantageous to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Power Electronics Engineer, Development Engineer, Power Electronics & machine Control Development Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Power Electronics Staff Engineer, Hardware Electronics Engineer, or Power Supply Design Engineer.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking the next step in your career as a Power Electronics Development Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.