|Listed on:||30th July|
|Salary/Rate:||£54,000 - £54,000|
Ordnance Survey has an opportunity available for a Senior Data Scientist to join us based at our Headquarters in Southampton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £54,000 per annum plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. As a reliable partner to government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps its customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life. OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services and exploring the great outdoors. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we've built a reputation as the world's most inspiring and trusted geospatial partner.
We offer fantastic benefits to our Senior Data Scientist:
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Flexible working, part-time and job-share considered
- A great pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra three days over Christmas - on us!
- Training & development
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free on-site parking
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to provide leadership in the establishment, and operation, of a new and important proof of concept / prototyping function within OS.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be right in at the start of this exciting initiative to drive growth at OS. A new team is being established to create demonstrators, end-to-end proof of concepts and early prototypes that are identified by the business as having growth opportunities. These will be based on ideas and concepts from across the organisation, predominantly in the automatic data analysis and machine learning fields, but could come from any field.
The role will be to provide leadership to establish the new team, ensure that it has the right culture, is able to function in an exciting and innovative fashion, as well as deliver outcomes aligned to maximise business value. You will have a lot of freedom to lead the team, providing momentum, and connect into other areas of innovation and development across OS, as well as outside.
We will encourage you to maximise development opportunities within the new team, which should be a beacon of innovation and change for OS.
What we are looking for in our Senior Data Scientist:
- Customer focus, presentation and consultancy skills
- Very good knowledge of geospatial processing and analysis techniques
- Experience in leadership
- A business mindset
- Proven track record of stakeholder engagement
- Experience working in a highly innovative environment
- Database and programming skills an advantage
Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the world's leading map making and big data organisation as our Senior Data Scientist - please click ‘apply' today to submit your application or to find out more about the role, we would love to hear from you.