Data Science Lead
£64000 - £64000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Ordnance Survey has an opportunity available for a Data Science Lead to join us based at our Headquarters in Southampton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £64,000 per annum plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. As a reliable partner to government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps its customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life. OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services and exploring the great outdoors. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we've built a reputation as the world's most inspiring and trusted geospatial partner.
We offer fantastic benefits to our Data Science Lead:
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Flexible working, part-time and job-share considered
- A great pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra three days over Christmas - on us!
- Training & development
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free on-site parking
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
About the role:
Ordnance Survey is doing some amazing things, from developing the Astigan high altitude pseudo-satellite platform, being at the forefront of simulation and modelling systems for the next generation of connected and autonomous vehicles, to creating new international mapping offers based on machine learning.
If you're a skilled Data Science Lead, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our fun and dynamic Business Change & Innovation team at Ordnance Survey (OS). You will be taking a lead in our ground-breaking machine learning, computer vision and data analytics developments which are at the heart of changing how we analyse and collect the data of the future. The exciting challenge is to facilitate the organisation to extract new types of information and content from the likes of Astigan, satellite, aerial and ground-based imagery.
You will be leading innovative and insightful research and prototype development, form projects, experiment with new models and techniques and develop external research and delivery partnerships. You will be responsible for the design and development of the automatic flowline components of the future and focused on how they can be exploited by the business. You will interface with a new engineering development team that has been set up to create a robust and scalable capability
What we are looking for in our Data Science Lead:
- Proven experience as a Senior or Lead Data Scientist or similar role with a solid understanding of machine learning and data management
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to create and delivery R&D projects
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Experience working in an innovative environment
- Good coding experience
- A business mindset
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field, or significant comparable experience
Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the world's leading map making and big data organisation as our Data Science Lead - please click ‘apply' today to submit your application or to find out more about the role, we would love to hear from you.