|Listed on:||30th July|
|Salary/Rate:||£250 - £500|
|Salary Notes:||day rate|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Service|
Full Stack Developer - Contract
Loughborough, Leicestershire (office or home based with regular travel to the Loughborough office)
Day rate of £250-£500
As specialists in modelling flooding, Previsico use the latest weather forecasts to make real-time street-level flood predictions. Our mission is to be the leading global provider of cutting-edge flood prediction that saves lives and livelihoods whilst significantly reducing the cost of flooding.
We are now seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our team for a contract lasting approximately two months.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will:
- Build a visualisation tool for the real-time flood risk mapping services
- Work with the Backend Developer and Chief Scientific Officer
- Develop a web front-end to display live flood alerts
- Progress an online time step geospatial view of the data
- Develop an interface to our RESTful APIs
- Integrate with security requirements
Interested? To join us as a Full Stack Developer, you will need experience in the following:
- Software development
- Working on a Linux server, such as Ubuntu
- Working with git
A BSc Hons in computer science or similar would be highly desirable (other qualifications will be considered with the right experience).
Ideally, you will have experience of using geospatial data and online mapping systems, such as Google Maps, Mapbox or Openlayer. Previous experience of GraphQL, QGIS and geospatial databases would also be an advantage, as would agile development experience and previous use of team communication tools, such as Trello.
We would be interested in a further conversation with you if you have experience as a Developer, Software Programmer, Programmer, Application Developer, Front End Developer, Web Developer or Software Application Developer.
What's in it for you?
- Assist in the development of a cutting-edge life-saving technology
- Work on a project that's rapidly growing into a global solution for a wide range of industries
- The potential for the contract to extend or become permanent
- Join a collaborative and friendly team
- Close transport links from the office, such as East Midlands Airport
Please note, this is a full time contract role lasting approximately two months with the potential to extend. Part time hours will be considered for the right candidate.
Webrecruit and Previsico are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking a rewarding contract as a Full Stack Developer. please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.