Senior Cyber Security Engineer -Teesside
£50000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior ICS OT Cyber Security Engineer
Up to £50,000 per annum
40 hours a week, Monday - Friday.
This fast-growing Industrial Cyber Security Service Provider based in the North East of England is looking to recruit an experienced Industrial Automation & Control Systems (Operational Technology) Cyber Security Engineer into the team and hit the ground running.
- Design and secure operational technology networks across a range of industries.
- Solve complex digital and operational security problems facing Industrial Control Systems (ICS).
- Assess the robustness of cybersecurity architectures, technologies, and procedures being implemented within customer facilities.
- Design comprehensive technical solutions that meet client requirements and implement the appropriate tools, technologies & processes to mitigate critical security risks.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and administrative audits on client computer systems and network devices considering the sensitivity of Operational Technology testing.
- Lead collaboration efforts with other cybersecurity experts on team.
- Mentor younger members of the team regarding ICS OT cybersecurity, Infrastructure & Network Engineering.
- Must be prepared to travel.
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and 10 years of progressive, relevant experience.
- 10 years experience with cyber security technologies with at least 5 years serving critical infrastructure/industrial control systems (ICS) to include SCADA HCI systems, PLCs, RTUs, etc.).
- Ability to apply skills across a broad range of domains to include Chemical, Petrochemical, Water, Oil and Gas, Energy.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Securing systems running ICS-related communications protocols (e.g., MODBUS, OPC, DNP3, etc.).
- Securing cross-domain IT/OT communications and interfaces.
- Designing & configuring secure networks (Switching, Routing, Firewalls).
- Engineering security solutions for real-time and/or performance-sensitive systems.
- Creating Functional Design Specifications and Detailed Infrastructure, Network and Cyber Security Specifications.
- Completing system assessments and security audits based on technical security frameworks such as NIST 800-53/800-82, ISO 27001, IEC 62433, HSE OG-86, NIS-D etc.
Must take and pass a drug test, background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.