We are currently on an exciting journey migrating from our old technology to new and look to insource alot of our tech back into the business!
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
What's on Offer?
- A competitive salary plus yearly performance bonus
- 33 Days Holiday (Inclusive of the bank holidays)
- Film Card entitling you to free films for yourself and friends
- Chillout areas including an indoor garden and PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Plus much more...
- You will Support and maintain all virtual infrastructure solutions (VMWare) and Cloud infrastructure (O365 and Azure)
- Maintain inventory, monitor and analyse storage, computing usage issues and contribute to capacity planning initiatives.
- Organise, optimise and document IT infrastructure, including the physical and logical architecture of servers, databases, and applications.
- Develop IT infrastructure project plans, technical specifications, low-level design documents, roll-out/test plans and successful transition to service
- Provide 3rd level support on all server, storage, network and enterprise services
- This role will include being on call on a rotational basis.
- Adhere to the Incident Management, Service Request, Major Incident, Problem Management and Change Control procedures.
- Utilise problem analysis techniques to triage, diagnose and rectify technical problems and queries including and not limited to hardware, software and ODEON's business applications.
What does it take?
- Relevant experience in a systems engineer role.
- Ideally a technology-based degree or equivalent
- Relevant certifications (VCP 6.5, MSCE, MCSA or similar)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills (written, oral & presentation) using business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, ability to rapidly identify and resolve issues under pressure.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and well organized; able to handle multiple tasks with a clear sense of ownership and priority
- Knowledge/experience of Virtualisation and Storage Area Networks (preferably VMWare and NetApp)
- Knowledge/experience of O365 and/or Azure
- Good understanding of Networks (Routing & Switching), Firewall, UTM, Proxy etc