Networks Architect (Tech Services)
We are an IT innovation business, offering expert consultancy, business transformation and managed services that empower clients to do great things. We're passionate and enthusiastic about what we do, and we use our expertise along with our technical capability work in partnership with our clients to help increase productivity, accelerate growth and deliver outstanding user experiences through our technology and service propositions.
The Architect is the technical lead within their respective technology practice, providing exceptional technical leadership throughout the practice and across technologies. The Architect takes a proactive role in leading and supporting the Practice Lead in ensuring adherence to the Block Delivery Model (BDM) maximising quality and efficiency. In parallel, Architects also support Block's Project Management team to define and seamless deliver against our methodology to ensure a successful implementation and seamless delivery experience. Architects work closely with the Presales team and wider Sales team to help integrate new technologies into the Block Delivery Methodology and ensure the practice has methods and documentation outputs to sell, deliver and support these technologies.
- Leads complex technical engagements delivering consistently end-to-end from planning through to design, with an overall view on the delivery experience
- Creates high-quality design documentation on large, complex technical engagements
- Creates implementation and testing documentation in accordance with Block's delivery model and documentation standards.
- Identifies, plans and executes against client training and handover activities in support of successful adoption and great client experiences.
- Supports presales providing input to solution designs, bill of materials, project scoping ensuring the highest levels of quality and efficiency.
- Acts as a senior figure of technical escalation and point of guidance for respective practice Consultants and Engineers.
- Oversees and supports client technology assessment tasks.
- Works closely with Project Managers supporting the planning and ongoing management of tasks including risk identification, tracking of actions, issues management and identifying dependencies.
- Takes every opportunity to improve processes and methods to ensure that Block is best positioned to deliver high value services to clients.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- CCIE accredited
- Experience of working in healthcare and/or retail desirable.
- Solid understanding of and experience working with highly complex technical delivery solutions.
- Experience of articulating complex technical challenges to arrive at the right decision.
- Exceptional planner who delivers on commitments in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build excellent internal and external relationships.
- Works with maximum efficiency whilst delivery a high-quality experience for clients.
- Proactively supports the development of colleagues through coaching and knowledge-sharing.
- Excellent and highly skilled verbal and written communicator, able to influence.
- Takes every opportunity to develop and learn from all engagements.
- Efficient in approach, developing optimised and simple working methods and processes with a keen eye for detail.
- Continually improving, passionate about quality and delivering value.
- Takes a proactive approach to the development of the technology practice alongside the Practice Lead.