EUC Principal Consultant
The Principal Consultant (PC) is the technical implementer within their respective technology practice responsible for delivering against design, implementation and test plans. They take an active role in leading and supporting the wider team, working closely with Architects Consultants ensure adherence to the Block Delivery Model (BDM) maximising quality and efficiency. In parallel, Consultants also support Block's Project Management team delivering against out methodology to ensure a successful implementation and seamless delivery experience. Consultants regularly draw upon their experiences to support the continuous improvement of solution design within practice.
- Working closely with Architects, the PC takes leads complex technical engagements delivering consistently and diligently on high-quality design tasks through to client handover.
- Creates high-quality design documentation on engagements with the support and guidance where necessary of the Architects.
- Creates implementation and testing documentation in accordance with Block's delivery model and documentation standards.
- Identifies, plans and executes against client training and handover activities in support of successful adoption and great client experiences.
- Supports presales providing input to solution designs, bill of materials, project scoping ensuring the highest levels of quality and efficiency.
- Acts as a figure of technical escalation and point of guidance for respective practice Consultants and Engineers.
- Oversees and supports client technology assessment tasks.
- Works closely with Project Managers supporting the planning and ongoing management of tasks including risk identification, tracking of actions, issues management and identifying dependencies.
- Takes every opportunity to improve processes and methods to ensure that Block is best positioned to deliver high value services to clients.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Exceptional planner who delivers on commitments in a timely manner.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to build excellent internal and external relationships.
- Works with efficiency whilst delivery a high-quality experience for clients.
- Actively the development of practice colleagues through coaching and knowledge-sharing.
- Excellent and highly skilled verbal and written communicator, able to influence.
- Takes every opportunity to develop and learn from all engagements.
- Efficient in approach, developing optimised and simple working methods and processes with a keen eye for detail.
- Continually improving, passionate about quality and delivering value.
- Takes a proactive approach to the development of the technology practice.
- VMware VCP-DTM or DCV certifications
- Microsoft Technical Certifications
- CCNP qualified or working towards
- Familiar with Windows Server infrastructure components
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure experience in VMware Horizon or Citrix XenDesktop
- Experience of working in healthcare and/or retail desirable.
- Solid understanding of and experience working with complex technical delivery solutions.
- Experience of articulating complex technical challenges to arrive at the right decision.