ETL Developer (SC Cleared), Defence, Government, Security Clearance, DV, Vetted, Developed, Developing, SQL, Oracle, Informix, DB2, Teradata, DBMS, Datastage, CLOB, BLOB, Postgres, MQ, FTP, ETL, XML, V Model, ITIL, Postgres, Qualitystage, Somerset,
Our Defence client based in Somerset are recruiting for an ETL Developer with SC Security Clearance.
Working in a joint team to maintain and support Supply Chain & Engineering middleware solutions & data feeds, in fulfilment of large scale contracting for availability and contracted logistics supply contracts.
Working primarily in IBM Information Server 11.5, (currently upgrading from 8.7), part of their Infosphere toolkit there is a need to read, develop/amend and test against existing code for the business continuity of the MOD's industry data feed services. This will include fault determination and prognosis, fault fixes, maintenance release development and testing, impact assessment against application and data source refreshes. Working with those projects to ensure the ongoing business continuity of the service.
Key Skills / Experience
- Must have very strong understanding of SQL, including execution and use of functions and stored procedures for Oracle, Informix, DB2 & Teradata DBMS (min 3 yrs experience) .
- Must demonstrate they have strong data management and data handling skills, including experience in handling a wide variety of data types including BLOB, CLOB and unstructured data types
- Must demonstrate their ability to read and understand DataStage code, in particular Universe code & procedures and set application parameters
- Must be able to write and develop DataStage code (min 3 yrs experience)
- Must demonstrate their experience and understanding of Entity Relationship Diagrams and data mapping documentation
- Extensive experience in data integration techniques with DB2, Oracle, Informix, Teradata, SQL and Postgres dbms, and MQ & FTP (min 3 yrs exp) messaging & data transfer applications
- Must demonstrate in their response their knowledge of Architectural ETL patterns and processes
- Must demonstrate in their response their ability to perform Data Quality operations using QualityStage & Information Analyzer
- Must have extensive knowledge of developing XML, XML Schemas & XSLTs ((Style Sheet Transformation).(min 1 year exp)
- Thorough understanding of the OAGI Supply Open Standards framework (min 1 yr exp)
- Must demonstrate in their response their ability to analyse, diagnose and resolve complex logic and coding issues in development and test environments
- Must demonstrate in their response their ability to follow strict standards for performing unit and link testing of software components
- Must demonstrate in their response their ability to Produce module design artefacts, specifically module specifications and logic flow diagrams
- Must demonstrate in their response their ability to clearly and confidently communicate with other technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
- Must clearly define their experience of working with MoD data
- Must clearly define their knowledge of Linux operatings systems
- Must clearly define their knowledge of MoD Supply Chain & Engineering Information systems, notably MJDI, GoldESP, LITS
- Must clearly define their experience of working within Virtualised environments using Remote access workstations usng Citrix
- Must clearly define their knowledge of HP's BTO Service Manager for incident management
- Must clearly demonstrate their understanding of ITIL Service Management function
- Must clearly define their familiarity with current Software Development Lifecycles & delivery frameworks (e.g. V model, Agile)