The Head of Delivery / Programme Manager will lead a defined set of independent projects and associated business change activities with primary responsibility for the successful delivery of the required outcomes. The Head of Delivery / Programme Manager will ensure the establishment of appropriate governance and assurance (in line with Corporate governance & assurance) as well as monitoring progress, managing risks and issues and ensuring the business readiness for change.
The Head of Delivery / Programme Manager will be responsible for cascading the vision and translating into delivery objectives for the team whilst leading the programme to deliver the business case benefits and outcomes. This will be achieved by:
- Developing and obtaining clearance of the business case with projects managers and Subject Matter Experts.
- Identifying and managing stakeholder relationships, highlighting the need for senior level support whilst managing internal and external relationships as appropriate.
- Securing resources and directing planning, scheduling, resourcing and estimating for the programme.
- Oversee risk and issue management ensuring mitigations are in place and resolved through negotiated agreement.
- Ensure realisation of benefits for customers through planning and designing project outputs that meet the programme requirements.
- Maintaining overall integrity and coherence of programme and governance framework to support each project and plan programme assurance activities.
- Work with project managers and business as usual business owners to ensure dependencies are actively managed, acting as an arbiter and enforce to resolve issues between the various elements of the programme.
Specialist Skills & Requirements
- Experience of successfully managing several low or medium complexity programmes or projects or may have been in a specialist or work strand lead role within a project or programme.
- Working knowledge of programme business case development and/or programme blueprints.
- Adept at developing a project dossier of existing and new projects and the associated resource management plans.
- Adept at monitoring against the business case, programme plan and blueprint, adjusting the project portfolio, blueprint and plans to optimise benefits realisation.
- Working closely with Business Change Managers to ensure the programme plans, benefits realisation and benefits profiles are consistent and able to deliver the business case.
- Adept at managing stakeholder expectations and participating in communications activities to inform stakeholders of progress and issues.
- Ability to coordinate and integrate the work of the projects and managing the interdependencies.
- Proven ability to provide direction and guidance on development to project teams and more broadly across the PPM profession.
Qualifications & professional membership
- Managing Successful Programmes practitioner or advanced practitioner
- APM registered project professional
- Project leadership programme
- P30 Practitioner is desirable but not essential.