Programme Manager / Project Manager / Contols Systems / Middlesex
Real Time Recruitment
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk Position - Programme / Project Manager
Type - Permanent staff
Industry - Electronics, Defence, Aerospace
Salary - £'s competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Location - Middlesex
Our client is one of the larger UK based Ultra businesses. Our client is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity. We provide encryption, network protection, automated payments, tactical and commercial communications and telemetry systems, covert and mobile surveillance systems and situational awareness technology to defence, public sector and commercial customers worldwide. Our client prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
Our client develops secure communications devices and cryptographic equipment protecting such things as the worldwide internet, credit card transactions, military platforms and personnel. Our Hardware Security Module, is used to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other commercial organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. Our client have also developed, and continue to develop next generation cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets involving leading edge hardware, firmware and software.
Project management of delivery programmes, bids and proposals and investment projects.
Scope / dimensions:
Manage multiple Projects ranging in size up to £20m and line management of a small team. Key Responsibilities: Responsible for the following with respect to all Secure Communications projects, programmes, PV and proposals:
• Manage projects to meet project milestones, schedule and budget requirements.
• Manage subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget.
• Effective communication with the project customers and stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
• Ensure that projects comply with the relevant security requirements.
• Ensure that projects comply with the Company directives.
• Project Management team performance, training and development.
• Achieving Acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
• Meeting project sales and cash budgets, and forecasting accurately.
• Establishing and implementing project-specific Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans).
• Producing and implementing internal and subcontractor Statements of Work.
• Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule and costs against an overall WBS / budget.
• Identifying programme resource, skill and training requirements for the Resource Plan.
• Use Programme Performance Metrics (PPMs) to effectively manage all programmes. • Preparing the internal Business Review Pack as the basis for reporting to senior management.
• Preparing Customer Progress Reports as agreed with each customer.
• In conjunction with the System Design Authorities hold progress reviews (as required).
• Ultimate responsibility for risk management across all programmes within the business unit.
• Identify and monitor Cost saving and Risk Reduction Initiatives.
• Planning and conducting internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
• Reviewing subcontractor programmes, capability, resource, skills, documentation and deliverables.
• Approval of all internal and subcontractor project management documentation.
• Management of Issues, Risks, Data, and Action Logs, including item closure.
• Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Knowledge, Skills and Exp:
Extensive Exp of managing multiple, concurrent, multi-disciplinary projects in the defence electronics sector. Qualifications: Degree in relevant discipline. Project management qualifications, such as APMP. Ability to obtain and maintain SC clearance.
New position ! Please forward Cv ASAP for consideration
Electronics Hardware Engineering