Mobile UX Designer: (Mobile Apps, IOS)
Mobile UX Designer: (Mobile Apps, IOS)
The work location is in LONDON and is a 3 Months contract.
Pay rate is between £550 - £600 per day.
The role is working for a well established, multi-national retailer and specialises in clothing, home and luxury product.
- Must have mobile app design
- Must have IOS experience
- Experienced in native app design
- Experienced Mobile Apps designer with a strong portfolio to demonstrate range and depth.
- Love the challenge of re-visualizing content and using design to make online shopping enjoyable
- Have worked in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver insight-driven solutions, advocate design solutions and gain stakeholder buy in.
- Experienced with both iOS and Android
- Familiar with working in Agile environments/teams
- Strong conceptual thinking and a deep understanding of brand.
- Desire to produce the best visual experiences in the industry, regardless of complexity or channel
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
- Successful portfolio that demonstrates your ability in creating first class designs
- Engaging presentation style
- Ability to play nicely with other team members
- An appreciation of all other UX roles and their contribution to the final product.
- Experience in designing graphical templates, CSS development, optimising graphics and streaming media
- Technical skills should include strong Sketch skills and prototyping with Marvel, InVision, Principle etc.
- Strong knowledge of responsive design methods, scalable designs and UI frameworks
- Working knowledge/understanding of frontend code (or willingness to learn)
- Interaction Design techniques to enable usable interfaces and the reuse of modules, components and elements (atomic design)
- Creation, maintenance and governance of a Pattern Library to ensure consistent reuse of design elements
- Concept design & development for new business ideas and/or to demonstrate alternative approaches
- Application of Brand guidelines and working with brand to understand photography
- Clean, simple design to ensure a usable design that is intuitive and engaging
- Quality assurance through regular sign offs, peer reviews and keeping stakeholders aware of progress / updates/ changes.
Key accountabilities and measures
- Work tightly with the App Team members to understand the vision for the experience and how to use the design to lift and define the overall user engagement with the different apps.
- Delivery and presentation of relevant project deliverables as required by the projects (such as creative briefs, concepts, digital assets, style guides, pattern libraries, CSS etc.)
- Work with the other UX designers and other agile streams to evolve the design to achieve a consistent look and feel but evolve it so we remain contemporary.
- Ensure designs align to brand guidelines
- Understand design needs and convert it to a digital offering on native and hybrid mobile apps. Willing to also work on responsive web.
- Create/Update/maintain pattern library as required
- Work with other agile streams and UXers to ensure patterns are reused and stay abreast of new patterns
- Work with Brand, Marketing and Publication to interpret the branding guidelines into appropriate digital assets and furniture.
- Receptive to feedback, creative criticisms and praise - not precious with designs, develop the ability to rationalise and articulate creative concepts
- Involved in presenting designs to the UX team, project teams and stakeholders
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure a stellar final product
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that the integrity of the experience is maintained through launch
- Ensure all deliverables have strong emotive, brand, identity and user-centred design solutions
Key relationships and stakeholders
- Work harmoniously with all other UXD team members