3rd Line Network Support ( Firewalls, LAN, WAN) - Gloucester - 6 Month Contract
My client, a multinational information technology equipment and services company are looking for to add to their 3rd Line Network Support team in Gloucester. The position is a 6 month initial contract and can offer a competitive daily rate.
- The successful individual will join an existing support team responsible for providing onsite Network support to a large scale Public Sector customer.
- You will be responsible for installation, configuration, deployment, maintenance and diagnostics of Network equipment and supporting cabling (copper & fibre) infrastructure. This will include all IP Network Devices i.e. routers, switches, cryptographic devices, Firewalls, VoIP and VTC services.
- As part of your position you will also be responsible for the LAN and WAN in the following areas:
- Incident Management;
- Service/Change Requests;
- Problem Management;
- Configuration Management;
- Projects, trials, exercise support where required;
- Routine and Emergency Maintenance;
- Capacity and Demand Management.
- You will also be required to support the end customer with service improvement suggestions and have some input into any design changes including capturing these and ensuring they are documented.
- Candidates should have prior experience of working within 2nd/3rd Line Network Support for large scale customers, in particular any experience working within the Public or Defence sectors would be ideal.
- Candidates should also be comfortable working with a range of Firewall and Network technologies and tools including Solarwinds, Cisco ASA, Juniper and Checkpoint.
- You should also be comfortable working within a secure customer facing environment as you will be required to work with individuals across varies levels to resolve issues in accordance with agreed SLA's.
- A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.