Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That's because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn't be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don't just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Arity in Europe is based in Allstate NI's head office in Belfast, Northern Ireland where Arity teams are focused on developing products for Arity.
The Senior Sales and Business Development Manager will lead sales strategy for an Arity product segment or across multiple segments (i.e. Insurance, Consumer, DaaS) to create and execute both short and long-term sales strategies.
The ideal candidate will have sales experience selling technology to and working within the Insurance industry
Home based in UK with travel throughout the UK and Europe
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Gain a thorough understanding of Arity, its products and strategy
- Lead the creation and execution of short and long-term sales strategy for assigned product segment or segments.
- Identify new markets or customers within product vertical
- Beginning and advancing sales discussions within target markets on Arity's products
- Representing Arity at industry conferences and events
- Identifying and leveraging subject matter experts within Arity for sales discussions
- Contributing feedback and direction on sales messaging to Product Marketing
- Training and supporting other Arity teams on product segment messaging
- Strategic and critical thinking skills, ability to create strategy and lead its execution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust.
- Clear communication skills - Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Planning and organizational skills - Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Problem solving - Uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Team building - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team; etc.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Bachelor's Degree. MBA or related preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' experience of demonstrated sourcing, developing and closing revenue opportunities as well as demonstrated experience developing and leading sales strategy. At least 5 years' experience should be in a senior role. This job requires strong business knowledge of technology and software sales and strong leadership skills to effectively develop relationships within the distribution organization and across business functions.
- Extensive software or other related industry experience with a strong distribution leadership and management background
- Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective relationships within the distribution organization and across other business functions.
- A deep understanding of all sales related functions
- Relevant technology industry knowledge specifically demonstrating sales experience selling technology to and working within the Insurance industry
- Demonstrates ability to analyze financial data and assess market conditions, trends and indicators
- Displays knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (projections, goals, targets, shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, quality, etc.)
- Building relationships and partnerships in business-to-business channels
- Managed within a matrixed organization.
Closing Date: : Friday 19th August 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position