Backend Developer - PHP
£25000 - £35000
DOE Plus Benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Backend Developer - PHP
Sherburn in Elmet, Nr Leeds, West Yorkshire
£25,000 - £35,000 DOE Plus Benefits
We are Software2, an exciting EdTech company who are making waves in our industry. On a mission to make the student experience even more awesome, we provide award-winning technology solutions to the higher education market.
We're pushing the limits of what's possible in application delivery and have created AppsAnywhere, the first and most comprehensive frontend app store for software delivery. We've also remodelled the user experience in higher education software access and now, we're looking for a Backend Developer to join our team and continue our ground-breaking work.
You'll find us in our converted pub in the village of Sherburn in Elmet just a short distance from Leeds and easily commutable via the M1.
As a Backend Developer, you'll be:
- Developing exciting new features and capabilities for our products
- Working on products and software variations for new and existing markets
- Contributing to the wider product
- Participating in planning, design, QA testing and daily stand-ups
- Playing your part in the full development lifecycle of the product
- Getting involved in all aspects of development, from design right through to deployment
- Undertaking unit and integration testing
- Taking responsibility for the full technology stack related to the product
Interested? If so, you will need:
- Experience with PHP
- A track record of moving a tech stack forward and an understanding of programming fundamentals
- Experience of software development, methodologies and principles
- Experience of creating software or components from scratch
- An understanding of the principles behind unit testing, and writing testable code
- A degree in software engineering or computer science with some level of personal or industry experience OR a strong background of industry experience and detailed references or demonstrable past work
- An insatiable thirst for knowledge
- A passion for programming and problem solving with a knack for the finer details
Good knowledge of SQL, with a general understanding of RDBMS, would be beneficial to your application. An understanding of version control concepts and best practices, specifically Git and GitFlow, would also be an advantage.
Other companies may call this role PHP Developer, Full Stack Developer, Full Stack PHP Developer, Software Developer, PHP Programmer, Software Programmer, Back End Developer, Backend PHP Developer, or Backend Programmer.
But what's in it for you?
- Benefits package including contributed pension, private healthcare and life cover (amongst others)
- Unlimited holiday (as long as your work is done, subject to conditions)
- Work from a converted pub which includes a bar and darts
- Join a fun, relaxed atmosphere
- Have the freedom to complete independent work
A few fascinating facts about us:
- We were founded in 2009 and went global in 2018
- We've got offices in four countries and customers in more than 20
- Currently our user base stands at over 1.5 million (students and staff) at over 150 educational institutions
- We're experiencing phenomenal 20% year-on-year growth
Software2 believes entirely and whole-heatedly in people, and that diversity in people is essential for progress, growth, education and team cohesion. We've taken great pride and care to build a diverse and versatile team and are committed to continuing to do so.
To apply for the role of Backend Developer (PHP), please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.