Azure Cloud Architect
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
My client based in Berkshire are currently modernising their Business Working Environment allowing them to adopt a Cloud Services strategy.
For this reason they're looking for a Azure Cloud Architect for an initial 12 month contract with the potential to extend.
The initial phase of this programme introduced Microsoft Office 365, Workday and Azure IaaS but is now progressing to include a growing number of SaaS products as legacy Line of Business applications are re-platformed, migrated or retired.
The current planning assumption is for a hybrid-cloud architecture with a mix of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS plus on-
premise hosting for any service that cannot be migrated to the cloud.
We are recruiting an additional Cloud Architect to supplement the existing team. The role will be responsible for designing IaaS/SaaS/PaaS solutions, prominently on Microsoft Azure, for an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation project.
Whilst this is a deeply technical, duties will also include stakeholder meetings with both internal and external service providers. It will also include the initial setup and deployment of new solutions and the transition to live
services with members of the operational team whom will oversee production application and infrastructure support.
· The Cloud Architect will report to the IS Modernisation Programme Architect
· The Cloud Architect will liaise extensively with other project architects within the Modernisation
· The Cloud Architect will also liaise with the IT/Infrastructure operations team
· The Cloud Architect will also liaise with the Application Support team
· The Cloud Architect will also liaise with external vendor support teams.
· The Cloud Architect will also liaise with internal stakeholders providing support and guidance for new
· Lead the design of Azure pattern solution to meet business requirements
· Create documentation around the setup and implementation of those design patterns
· Lead the implementation of Azure solutions for new patterns or products
· Participate in non-functional testing, particularly around business resiliency
· Engage with Microsoft around solving business and technical problems in the Azure ecosystem
· Provide technical oversight, review and quality control of Azure artefacts throughout the programme
· Contribute to the development of Azure standards, best practices and organisational capability
· Act as an escalation point / SME for Azure technical issues and decisions
· Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree preferred. · Professional qualifications / Microsoft Cloud Certifications
· Broad project lifecycle experience - especially in enterprise environments · Expert knowledge of Azure Cloud platform features and capabilities · Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, reverse proxies, routing, switching etc.) · Azure Networking (VNETs, Express Route, VPN Gateway, Traffic Manager, NSGs) · Security (firewall configuration, IPS/IDS etc.) · Understanding of common application approaches and technologies (e.g. SOA, message queuing) · Understanding of common database technologies (e.g. backup/restoration, replication/mirroring) · Understanding of common internet technologies (e.g. e-mail, web servers, web services) · Experience designing for disaster recovery · Experienced producing multi-tiered, loadbalanced, redundant infrastructure architectures · Storage technologies (SAN, NAS, RAID configuration, caching etc.) · Familiarity with other cloud technologies · ARM Templates and Windows PowerShell
· Hands-on experience of designing and implementing compute, networking, storage and database services in Cloud Environments
· Understanding of elasticity and scalability concepts
· Understanding of network technologies as they relate to Azure Cloud services
· A good understanding of all security features and tools that Microsoft provides and how they relate to traditional services · Hands-on experience with Azure deployment and management services · Experience of integrating SaaS applications into corporate systems including Single Sign-On and identity management
· Able to work independently
· Ability to set own goals and manage towards them
· Good client presentation skills
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.