Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world's leading off-price retailer of clothing and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2018, TJX had over $35 billion in sales, more than 4000 shops and 249,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Senior Network Engineer
In this senior network engineering role, you will set direction and develop strategies for new and current network technologies for a growing global enterprise network. Responsibilities include recommending, designing, evaluating, and deploying network technologies across the portfolio. You will be a key contributor to the development and delivery of the Network Modernization Roadmap. In this role, you will partner with Enterprise Architecture, Network Implementation and Operations, IT Security, other areas of IT and the Business, as well as our vendor community.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Leads global network engineering, design, planning, and support for the most complex projects and initiatives.
- Develops, publishes, & maintains high/low-level network service designs /Develops, publishes, & maintains engineering standards.
- Develops and delivers technical documentation and training to support Network Implementation and Operations teams.
- Provides technical input into business and IT projects and initiatives of significant size and scope
- Performs technical assessments, testing & proof of concept to validate new designs/Supports RFIs/RFPs for new technology
- Coordinates and collaborates with security teams to deliver the network security strategy and designs.
- Analyzes, recommends, develops, and implements processes and best practices.
- Collaborates with enterprise architecture, security, infrastructure, & applications development groups on network solutions design
- Develops technical business cases in support of new initiatives
- Investigates and recommends the purchase, installation and use of network technologies and tools
- Responsible for managing project and requirements demand/backlog according to the project intake process
- Leads the design and supports the execution of the network modernization roadmap
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains the network project portfolio.
- Develops and drives the network management tools strategy.
- Responsible for lifecycle management for network infrastructure/Responsible for capacity planning
- Selects & manages essential vendors & vendor relationships /Assesses, manages, & develops contracts with network providers.
- Provides highest level of technical support including some off-shift implementation and operational support.
- Expert knowledge and experience with network technologies (e.g. routing & switching, routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), LAN, WAN (MPLS, DIA, broadband), VPNs, WLAN, firewalls, load balancers, web proxies, DNS, DHCP, network access control, cloud services and architectures, capacity planning, network management tools and other relevant technologies, packet analysis)
- Expert in the architecture, engineering, and implementation of large scale network solutions which support enterprise and/or retail operations
- Hands-on experience with network solutions from leading vendors such as Cisco, F5, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Meraki, HPE, Extreme, Bluecat, Bluecoat, and Radware.
- Proven ability and demonstrated passion to learn new network concepts, architectures, and designs
- Experience developing and implementing enterprise-wide networking standards and best practices
- Ability to design and implement disaster recovery solutions and/or highly available redundant technology
- Understanding of emerging network technologies including SDN, SD-WAN, NFV, and automation technologies (e.g. Ansible).
- Experience developing and implementing network engineering, implementation, and operational processes.
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions & serve as a role model for teamwork
- Strong written and oral communication skills including experience with messaging or presentation skills for executive audiences using Visio and/or PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel for data analysis and reporting
- Proven track record of navigating across organizational boundaries to successfully influence others and build trust-based relationships; maintains poise and professionalism during challenging conversations
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct multiple, geographically distributed work groups comprised of disparate skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, demanding, and fluid environment; remains calm under pressure, demonstrates excellent conflict management skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills. Able to influence others to achieve results
Minimum Experience and Education:
- Strong experience with network architecture, design, implementation, and operations in large enterprise and/or service provider environments
- Related experience or certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE)