Develop a Business Rules Management System (BRMS) connected to a current LIVE service back-end. BRMS is the RedHat J Boss Decision Manager (version 7). They will be embedded into the project team, working with incumbent back-end developers, front-end developers, Dev-ops engineer, interaction designer, user researcher, product owner and test team.
BA researchers, designers and developers
The role will specifically involve:
- Back End development of the new BRMS RedHat JBoss Decision Manager application
- Back End development of integration with the new BRMS RedHat JBoss application and LIVE service
- Migration of existing rules (circa 17) hard coded using DRL (Drools Rule Language ) to the LIVE service to the newly setup BRMS
- Knowledge transfer to team developers and end (non technical) users
- onsite at least 4 days a week for face-to-face meetings.
- Redhat J Boss Decision Manager (version 7)
- Back End development using Java 8 (specifically streams, lambdas, and collections framework) and dependency injection.
- Enterprise integration comprising eventually consistent (asynchronous and synchronous) systems, and distributed message-driven (JMS) architectures interfacing with Legacy and third-party systems.
- Experienced on enterprise messaging patterns, specifically the pub-sub channel.
- Building asynchronous microservices with RESTful APIs using JAX-RS.
- Strong Cloud experience (AWS or similar)
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, and implementing DDD-based-designs.
- Java persistence using an ORM/JPQL.
- Understanding of core properties of RDBMS including ACID properties and transaction isolation.
- Automated testing with JUnit and Mockito, using a test-driven approach to development, and articulate on benefits of a clean, testable codebase.
- Git and pull-request-based code review flows
- Maven and consuming CI Pipelines using and consuming reports from static analysis tooling (eg Checkstyle, PMD, Clover, SonarQube etc.).
- Meeting user needs using agile methodologies.
- UNIX command-line familiarity.
- Understanding of Spring Batch.
- RAW visualisation tool
- Designing microservice-based, eventually consistent architectures using domain driven design (DDD).
- CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns.
- Successfully delivering performing, scalable and long-transactional digital services in complex and highly regulatory environments.
- Working in blended, multi-discipline, multi-vendor team environments.
- JAX-RS for REST APIs.
- Developing and working against cloud hosted environments.
- Hibernate and Liquibase.
- Wiremock and other distributed-systems testing utilities.
- Activiti or other JBPMN.
- Rules Engine eg Drools.