Senior UX Architect - LONDON - 3 months
The work location is in Paddington, LONDON and is a 3 months contract. Periodic travel to Chester will be required.
The role is working for an established high street retailer's within their own banking function.
We are looking for an experienced UXer to carry out a piece of Discovery work to evaluate the banking and retail work. You will be based primarily in London with the UX team but working directly for the bank.
You will need to be autonomous; understand how to scope work and run discovery work. You will work closely with the Product Owner to understand their backlog and what they're trying to achieve. You will lead the piece of work and - when required- manage a visual designer and researcher to ensure your findings and ideas are sense checked by customers. The ultimate goal is to feed into the future backlog; helping the product owner devise the business case(s) for future direction.
Key Accountabilities Of The Role
- Conceptualise, develop and document innovative information organization structures, interaction designs, page-level content organization, navigation, and prototypes of digital products for your assigned stream.
- Develop user interface designs using knowledge of customer tasks, product functionality requirements, knowledge of user interface architecture, knowledge of UI best practice and industry/company interface standards
- Develop appropriate prototypes of designs/approaches to meet testing and communication needs.
- Clearly communicate User Experience approaches and design decisions to stakeholders and project team members.
- Conduct and facilitate of workshops and collaborative design sessions to ensure full buy-in to your vision
- Champion principles of usability and user-centred design
- Collaborate with team members and clients to ensure that the integrity of the experience is maintained through launch Ensure all design can be used across all channels.
Key Skills & Experience
- Familiar with working in Agile environments/teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize many data into coherent information design direction
- Desire to produce the best experiences in the industry, regardless of complexity or channel
- Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research to software, web and mobile development
- Successful portfolio that demonstrates your ability in creating first class products
- Capacity to think holistically
- Engaging presentation style
- Solid writing and visual communication skills
- Advanced skills & demonstrable experience in:
- Prototyping tools/software such as Axure, Sketch
- Wireframes, prototyping and specifications as appropriate to deliver within an agile environment
- Interaction Design techniques to design a mobile first digital solution across all channels and working across the funnel.