Project Controller - 3 Months - Farnborough
My client is looking for a highly experienced Project Controller, for a 3-month contract, based in Farnborough and starting as soon as possible. The client can offer a competitive daily rate and expect you to be based full time on site.
The role is responsible for the delivery of project controls within an assigned team, under the leadership of a Project Manager or Principal Project Controller.
- Supporting a Principal Project Controller in the provision of support to IDTs and other large and complex strategic programmes.
- Delivering project support tasks within assigned team; MS Project, lifecycle briefcase, project reporting, invoicing and other project document creation and management.
- Delivery project finance; debtors and cash collection, calculation of accruals, collation of cost journals and facility costs.
- Supporting PCP&R improvement activity and sharing knowledge skills and best practice.
- Awareness of project management; the project lifecycle and project finances.
- Sharing knowledge, skills and best practice across QinetiQ.
- Demonstrable competence in SAP, MS Excel (including add-ins), Word, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Good organisational and record keeping skills.
- Awareness of the project lifecycle and sales processes.
- Experience of working to corporate procedures and the use of corporate tools.
- Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload and multi-task.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals at varying levels.
- Ability to work as part of a team and well as unsupervised.
Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE level (to included English and Mathematics).
- Demonstrate competence against the agreed Project controls Competency Framework at a level of Foundation or APMIC