The SAP ABAP Developer is part of a team of experienced SAP software developers responsible for the technical design and development of new SAP based IT solutions and the modification and enhancement of existing SAP systems ensuring adherence to coding standards and best practices.
As a member of a flexible resource pool you may be assigned to single large or complex project or a number of smaller projects working under the direction and guidance of a SAP Development Manager.
Rate: £400.00-450.00 per day
Location: Milton Keynes
Duration: 6 months
- Design/deliver technically robust solutions that adhere to the relevant application development principles, coding standards and best practices.
- Design new SAP based IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing SAP systems.
- Provide knowledge transfer to IT Service Delivery and IT Support and other stakeholders where required.
- Within the project framework, create Technical Specifications to facilitate delivery of solutions.
- Plan, prepare and execute Unit tests to verify that each unit or component when tested in isolation is behaving as expected.
- Investigate defects detected in Unit, System, Systems Integration, User Acceptance Testing and non-functional test phases and provide fixes within agreed response times.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Frequently collaborate with Business Analysts, technical leads and business subject matter experts in order to fully understand required business requirements and functional design.
Skills & Personal Characteristics Required:
- Excellent communication skills with experience of engaging with a wide audience of technical experts and business partners.
- Experienced Software Developer with very good programming ability, and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to translate functional requirements into a technical solution.
- Passionate about software engineering and solution focussed.
- Previous SAP experience in the following:
- ABAP workbench,
- ABAP Objects/Classes,
- SAP WEBDYNPRO,
- Function modules,
- Data dictionary,
- Dialogue programming,
- Performance tuning,
- Object ALV,
- Good understanding and experience in the use of standard SAP development tools.
- Ability to write high quality technical design documentation.
- Ability to prioritise, self-manage and to work effectively with others.
- Verbal and written German language skills are advantageous.