11th July 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Change management at Schroders follows a hub and spoke distributed model with the divisional change teams embedded within each business divisions. Each divisional change team is connected to and part of a central Group Change department consisting of a cross divisional Enterprise Change function, Business Transformation function, an internal Management Consultancy team, Coaching and an Operational Excellence function. Together these specialist change management resources collaborate to ensure the successful delivery of strategic outcomes prioritised in the best interest of the company.
• Support the appropriate translation of the corporate strategy into change programmes and Capability Manager roadmaps
• Integration of Business Change, Enterprise Change, Business Consultancy and Operational Excellence pipelines looking across all change activity of the firm
• Ensuring optimal sequencing, prioritisation and alignment to the strategic goals of the firm
• Capacity and Demand Management - Ensure accurate capacity, demand and delta data for Change in combination the office of the CTO. Including ensuring data is provided by business partners.
• Support Enterprise and Divisional Change leads in change programme initiation, including identifying the process change needs to support programme mobilisation, and actioning them. This may include suggestions on restructuring.
• Collates and present change metrics and outcomes to GMC and GOC highlighting value contribution of change capital to strategic outcomes
• Chair of Change Management communities: Running the Head of Change, Project Management and Head of Programmes Communities and developing a ‘pull' demand from the members to want further interconnection
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate training is available and all change resource have understanding of the standard best practice change management methodology, tools and resources
• Tooling: Facilitating clearly scoped white papers on the tooling needs to support data modelling of capacity and demand and the interactions of programme dependencies. Driving to ensure there are clear options and decisions made, communicated and bought into by the Large Programme Managers, Heads of Change, SMT and Office of CTO.
• To analyse and highlight the bandwidth and flow of change throughout the change operating model, identifying blockages and areas of constraint
• Raise awareness of change management across the organisation
• Engage key leaders and stakeholders to buy-in to change management approaches
• Coach change teams and their stakeholders through change processes Adoption: Driving adoption through identification of opportunities to further the standardisation of best practice
• Support the annual budget cycle to ensure alignment to strategic goals of the firm and through consideration of impact to technology and group shared services
• Best Practice: Driving forward the delivery of the best practice guides underway to deliver a clear Group set of guidelines for best delivery
• Develop an on boarding pack for new Change Managers, which provides them with access to how to undertake change best in Schroders
• Management, prioritisation and direction of specialist shared change resources such as the Change Communications Manager
• Highly experienced Senior Change Manager with an excellent track record of delivery
• A strong leader
• Asset Management background
• Very strong client and stakeholder management skills
• Experience of coaching change practice at all levels
• An excellent influencer, negotiator and communicator at all levels including C-Level Executives
• Senior stakeholder management experience (E.G. to GMC level). Ability to demonstrate chameleon approach (quickly understand stakeholder, adapt your style to make your message resonate to their reality)
• has established a proven reputation/ can evidence self as outcome focused deliverer of change.
• Team player - Benefit of Schroders, Benefit of Division, Benefit of team (Group Change), Benefit of self hierarchy
• Achieve results through empowerment of people under line and matrix management
• Energiser of team morale, sees opportunity and satisfaction in overcoming challenge and uses these experiences to build the teams reputation.
• Role model in acting with a servant leader mind-set
• Demonstrates strong values, aligned to the Schroders values, and acts as a role model to line reports
• Committed to life long learning and continuous improvement
• Educated to a minimum of undergraduate degree level with either relevant professional with desirable higher level degree qualifications achieved (CIMA, CFA, MBA)
• Understands functional capabilities of the organisation:
- Product and Services provided
- Operating models including upstream / downstream supply chain
- Technology platforms employed
- Data Models
- Organisational structures
• Market best practices and professional qualifications utilised
• Actively tracking leading edge innovative thinking that could be deployed within the domain to provide competitive advantage and/or productivity
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.