|Listed on:||10th July|
|Location:||Solihull, West Midlands|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £35,000|
|Salary Notes:||+ Extensive Benefits Package|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Associate Network Engineer
Solihull, West Midlands
Up to £35,000 + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Want to work with great people in modern offices and have the opportunity to progress and develop your career? Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a talented Associate Network Engineer to join our Managed Service Team based at our Solihull office.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are on the lookout for an Associate Network Engineer who wants to work with Virtualisation, Cloud Platforms and the usual Windows Server Applications. We're looking for someone who likes to work within a team, is passionate about making improvements, has that ‘can-do' attitude and possesses clear communication skills.
WE'D LIKE TO MEET AN ASSOCIATE NETWORK ENGINEER WITH EXPERIENCE IN:
- Network Applications/Protocols - Familiarity with DHCP, DNS, WINS, FTP, TFTP, SSH, Radius, TACACS
- Physical Media - Familiarity with Cat 5/5e/6 and fiber (single mode and multimode).
- Understanding of TCP/IP and IP subnetting.
- Juniper Technologies, Cisco Technologies (ASA firewalls & Switching)
- HP Switching
- F5 Load Balancers
- Excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder management skills, able to communicate at all levels
AS THE ASSOCIATE NETWORK ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Assist in all functions relating to the planning, installation, configuration and operation of our hosting network infrastructure.
- Assist in monitoring network links for performance within set thresholds.
- Troubleshoot and repair network related problems.
- Identify network configuration and/or performance irregularities. Develop procedures to respond to these irregularities in a timely manner.
- Ensure the entire network is properly monitored. Ensure that alerts regarding network outages are addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of functionality and availability of all VPN links, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and WAN links.
- Install or remove hardware and/or software, and associated connections, using supplied installation instructions and tools.
- Drive to the UK Data Centres and other UK sites when necessary.
- Participate in the on-call rota, supporting a 24x7 operation.
- Contribute, as required, to investigations of problems and faults concerning the installation of hardware and/or software and confirms the correct working of installations.
- Identify and resolve network problems following agreed procedures. Use network management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carry out agreed network maintenance tasks.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A unique working environment where you'll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries.
- We are offering a generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days, gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and captures the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
A CAREER WITH US:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
At SSP, we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
To apply for the role of Associate Network Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Associate Network Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Network Engineer, Network Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT.