Big Data Engineer - NoSQL to be based in London on an initial 3 Month contract. Experienced Big Data Engineer with extensive experience working with NoSQL. You will collaborate with the Data Science & Engineering teams to share best practice for building data pipelines across all locations of our Client Labs
Job Title - Big Data Engineer - NoSQL
Location - London
Rate - Market Rates per day
Duration - 3 Months initial
Are you passionate about collaborating around technical data challenges to creatively solve complex problems? Come join us!
Our client provides a unique opportunity to work in a global company with a huge amount of high quality data. You will be:
- Building agile data pipelines to support prototypes and MVPs
- Working with large, diverse data sets using big data and public cloud technologies
- Defining and implementing data engineering best practice across all Lab locations
- Creating modern data infrastructure to support research, data-science and machine-learning projects.
- Researching new data engineering approaches to handle alternative data
- Developing and broadening your skills through mentoring and collaboration with experienced professionals
As a member of our diverse London team of data and research scientists, engineers and UX/UI designers you will be part of our global network of like-minded colleagues in our sister labs in Singapore, San Francisco and New York.
Data is the infrastructure that our Lab runs on. Our client has the worlds largest repository of curated data. From petabtyes of tick-by-tick market data to the worlds largest collection of financial documents, our content fuels the financial markets allowing investors to make decisions and financial institutions to reduce risk and even fight financial crime.
- Collaborate with the Data Science & Engineering teams to share best practice for building data pipelines across all locations of our Client Labs
- Provide expertise on development of data models and data wranglers
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Manage internal stakeholders to obtain access and meet requirements for data security.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS, GCP, Azure and open source technologies.
- Build analytics tools that monitor the data pipelines to ensure resiliency and cost efficiency.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members to easily access, experiment and productionise our innovation and research projects.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
- Bachelor degree required in Computer Science, Technology, or similar field.
- 3 - 5 years' of work experience that includes working with NoSQL systems.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience creating data profiling, cleansing and data management services
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Interest in Machine Learning & Analytics Operations
Desirable Technical Requirements
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Athena
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Go C++, Scala, Gremlin etc
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, Hadoop.
- Experience/working with ETL patterns and tools.
Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance. Mike Tripp [Telephone number removed]