|Listed on:||8th July|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £38,500|
|Salary Notes:||Plus Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Company Sick Pay, Life Insurance|
|Reference:||190708 Senior IT Support Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
Senior IT Support Engineer (12 Month FTC)
Burford, Oxfordshire (with occasional travel to our client's other sites)
£35,000 - £38,500 per annum Plus Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Company Sick Pay, Life Insurance
Our client is one of the UK's leading rehoming organisations for animals. They support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through their rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
They are looking for a Senior IT Support Engineer to join them on a 12 month contract and support a number of IT systems. The IT environment consists of 750 Dell computers, Dell Servers, Cisco Switching with the occasional Apple Mac.
As the Senior IT Support Engineer, you will:
- Provide third line technical support
- Assist with the migration from Windows 7 to Windows 2010 and Windows Server 2008 to Server 2016
- Help to improve and develop our deployment and management processes
- Manage hardware and software inventory systems
- Get involved with lifecycle planning, procurement, build, deployment, security and patching through to disposal
To join our client as their Senior IT Support Engineer, you will need experience of the following:
- PC lifecycle management
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 build and deployment
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Active Directory Users and Computers
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Office 365 rollout
- Software licence management, as well as software packaging and design
- Device endpoint management
- Patch management
An ITIL or equivalent qualification, MCSA certification and degree level qualification are also essential.
Experience of any of the following would be advantageous: Manage Engine Products, including Desktop Central, SOPHOS Endpoint Protection, MS Azure, Cisco and Aruba Switches, Avaya Phone Systems, Group Policy, PowerShell and/or DHCP/DNS.
Our client wants to hear from you if you've held the title of 3rd Line Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Senior Technical Support Engineer, Senior Helpdesk Engineer, Senior Service Desk Engineer or Senior Helpdesk Support Engineer.
What are the benefits?
- Support the success of a charity that's been helping animals since 1897
- Join a team who are passionate about what they do
- Play an important role in the delivery of our client's IT support function
- Increase your experience in the charity sector
Closing Date: 19th July 2019
Our client reserves the right to close this vacancy early should they receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role, please select the apply button to read the full job description.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Senior IT Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week