Software Engineer / Systems Engineer / Bristol
Real Time Recruitment
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk Description: Software Engineer
Duration: 9 Months +
Rate: Circa: £42 Ltd / Composite Company
Candidate will be required to obtain BPSS clearance.
The PEARL team require a software engineer to join this exciting and fast paced project to deliver a configurable platform floor to University College of London. This platform is to be used for a variety of experimental purposes, ranging from urban accessibility planning to crowd behaviour studies.
The software engineer will be joining a control systems team comprising a graduate developer, and a control systems engineer who will be coding the PIC in the module. The role required is to develop design documentation and then implement the GUI, the maths required to calculate the height of all the actuators across a platform, the sequencing logic to ensure the equipment does not draw too much power at once and the network architecture to support the system.
Software will be coded in Visual Studio, designed to run on a Windows based tablets. Module control boxes are still to be designed - this role will also be required to assist in preparing that specification.
The job is expected to last nine months full time, and is required to start as soon as possible.
Required Knowledge / Qualifications / Attributes:
• Excellent knowledge and exp of implementing servers.
• Excellent knowledge and exp of C++.
• Exp of commissioning, maintaining and fault finding of TCP/IP networks.
• Exp of full system design life-cycle
• Understanding of networking and communications principles.
• Ability to work on own initiative as part of a small team.
• Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented;
• Excellent verbal and written skills;
• Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
Urgent requirement, Immediate cv required !
C/C++ Software Development