Change Business Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Analysis, Change, Transformation, As Is, To Be, Business Design, Workshop, Facilitation, MS Visio, Powerpoint, Excel, Requirements, User Stories, BDD, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Jira, Confluence, GDS, SC Clearance, SC Cleared.
Our Central Government Client are looking for a number of Change Business Analysts to join their Change Department which has embarked on an ambitious and iterative journey of Agile Transformation encompassing processes, tooling, practices and techniques in order to meet a number of challenges. This will deliver fit for purpose product aligned to user need but needs the right resources, including those within this request, to enable this transition. Without the right level of experienced industry expertise to support this transition it will fail at great cost.
- Understanding of Programme Management environments, Project Management environments, Change Management and Risk Management.
- Understanding of Business Design concepts.
- Good analytical problem solving skills; able to make decisions and recommendations based on informed analysis and impact assessment.
- Excellent communication skills; able to engage effectively with a variety of audiences across business functions and levels.
- Strong meeting and workshop facilitation skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Visio, Powerpoint and Excel for business and volumetrics modelling.
- Good report writing skills.
- Relevant experience as a Business Analyst or Junior Business Analyst.
- Some experience of understanding, analysing and documenting business processes, activities and IT systems ('as is' and 'to be').
- Some experience of requirements capture - including production of appropriately structured, validated and prioritised functional specifications and production of User Stories.
- Experience with managing agile digital services delivery, working alongside scrum masters and development teams.
- Experience of development of user stories, User Story Mapping (USM) behavioural Driven Development.
- Understanding of eliciting non-functional requirements to support digital services delivery.
- Experience of using Jira and Confluence and their respective capabilities to manage requirements backlogs (Highly desirable)
- Understanding of GDS Service Standards as their application to digital services delivery (desirable)