|Listed on:||5th July|
Group Change designs and delivers solutions to enterprise level challenges. It consists of a number of specialist practices: Business Consulting, Business Design, Lean and Agile Operational Excellence, Enterprise Change and the Group Change Practice CoE. Business Design is a new Practice, comprised of business architects, whose aim is to accelerate and de-risk change by collaborating with change teams at all levels of the business and applying a business architecture knowledgebase and skillset. This role is being established to both deliver for strategic business programmes and to define and mature the Schroders Business Design service & capability.
Overview of role
The Enterprise Business Architect in the Business Design Practice will act as a consulting business architect. They will lead or support design work that enables the firm to deliver its strategic objectives. Typical deliverables include target operating models and strategic roadmaps, strategic analysis to facilitate the development of the enterprise change portfolio, together with the ongoing development of core and extended business architecture models including business capabilities, value streams, organisational views and key information concepts.
The role holder will also be expected to develop pragmatic organisation-wide approaches to aligning business design outputs with related domains such as enterprise architecture, business process design and programme portfolio management. They will work collaboratively with business strategists, enterprise architects, process owners, and subject matter experts.
The role focuses on the relationship between business strategy and realising business outcomes — clarifying strategic intentions; identifying business outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing stakeholder questions.
This role will work closely with a community of business architects across domains within Schroders, the rest of Group Change, and the Enterprise Architecture team. This role holder will be both acting as a business architect and also providing support, governance and oversight to business architects embedded in specific domains and change programmes.
• Engage key business stakeholders to facilitate both strategy and innovation planning.
• Advisory to the Steering Committee and Design Authority for projects/programmes
• Work with enterprise architects and senior business stakeholders to define strategic plans for leveraging an integrated business architecture knowledgebase as part of the enterprise architecture.
• Define a clear plan and governance for ensuring the business architecture work is closely aligned with other Enterprise Architecture viewpoints.
• Provide strategic consultation to define or design business capabilities, value streams, organisational views, and key information concepts, and other outputs as required.
• Use enterprise architecture software tools to develop, govern and disseminate business design related information across the organisation.
• Facilitate design and support the development of enterprise solutions.
• Develop, motivate and direct staff to create a team environment.
• Apply Schroders SAFe Agile methodology, standards and behaviour to all work.
Responsibilities of the role
The role will involve:
• Leading the delivery of business design assignments within the context of enterprise-scale business transformation
• Engaging and building positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation
• Influencing the approach, agenda, prioritisation and pipe line of the Business Design Practice through best practice input, subject-matter expertise, experience and the injection of innovative ideas and ways of thinking
• Challenging conventional wisdom and freely expressing their own opinion
• Operating as a positive role model for the rest of the team through their attitude, contribution and use of the Schroders SAFe Agile method
• As required, working seamlessly with colleagues, external consultants and vendors involved in their in-scope programmes of work
• Understanding the needs of our clients and the business and tailoring the approach accordingly
Overview of the skills and experience required
• Understanding of business architecture and business design skills and best practice, gained through experience of working in enterprise and/or business architecture, business design, or consultancy teams
• Be comfortable using key business architecture tools and techniques, including business capability modelling, value stream development, information mapping, organisation modelling, operating model design, balanced scorecard, economical modelling, risks and interdependencies, process models, , ecosystems modelling,
• Knowledge and experience of delivering integrated business and technology change using iterative Agile methodologies, preferably SAFe Agile
• An understanding of change management disciplines, processes and tools
• Ability to prioritise and manage own activities in the best interests of the organisation
• Builds trusting relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Able to build consensus and influence outcomes, including adapting communication style to suit audience
• Collaborative team player who will want to succeed as part of a high performing team
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with senior stakeholders
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences and time zones
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Educated to a minimum of first degree level
• BCS Professional Certificate in Business Architecture, Certified Business Architect (Business Architecture Guild), or other professional qualification
• Demonstrable experience in the identification and management of business rules and policies across organisational boundaries
• Demonstrable experience in enterprise architecture software and/or CASE tools (for example, but not limited to: Orbus iServer, Aris, Casewise, Mega)
Overview of the Domain Knowledge required
• Broad Investment management experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Front Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset busines s domains
o Middle and Back Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
o Distribution, marketing, web, collaboration and CRM
o Corporate functions required to support the running of an Asset Management organisation: Risk, Finance, Procurement, HR, Legal and Compliance
• Investment Management Certificate (IMC), CFA, CIMA or other professional qualification
Overview of the Relationship Management experience required
• Able to build a positive profile across the organisation
• Able to build strong relationships across the organisation from a position of trust
• Proven ability to create a working relationship within business domains and establishing a role as a trusted advisor
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.