|Listed on:||5th July|
Group Change designs and delivers solutions to enterprise level challenges. It consists of a number of specialist practices: Business Design, Business Consulting, Lean and Agile Operational Excellence, Enterprise Change and the Group Change Practice CoE.
Business Design is a practice currently comprised of business architects, whose aim is to accelerate and de-risk change by collaborating with change teams at all levels of the business and applying a business architecture knowledgebase and skillset. The team are active members of the industry leading Business Architecture Guild and the Schroders knowledgebase and methodologies are based on the principles of the Guild. This new role is being established to introduce specialist process architecture skills into the team and enable the evolution of the business design methodology and knowledgebase to additionally include business process modelling and governance.
Overview of role
The Enterprise Process Architect will be a member of the wider Business Design Practice and will act as a consulting Process Architect across all domains of the firm. They will work with the team to design the standards, framework and governance of business process modelling as a means of supporting strategic change in the firm. They will also ensure that process models link in to the Schroders enterprise architecture knowledgebase, which holds views of the firm‘s capabilities, value streams, information concepts (data), organisational views and applications to support a more informed and enterprise view of change. Schroders uses Orbus iServer as its case tool for enterprise architecture and BPMN v2.0 as its process modelling standard. Typical deliverables will include Value Stream definitions, level 0 business process models, modelling standards and guidelines, training and the implementation and ongoing support of a governance framework to ensure that all change is supported by an approved and appropriate target state business process model. As the Business Design Practice is a small, central team, this role will also be expected to perform other tasks within the team’s remit, such as the ongoing development of core and extended business architecture models, supporting or leading target operating model and strategic roadmap design and strategic analysis to facilitate the development of the enterprise change portfolio.
The role holder will also be expected to develop pragmatic organisation-wide approaches to aligning business design outputs with related domains such as enterprise architecture, business analysis, programme portfolio management and programme management. They will work collaboratively with business strategists, enterprise architects, process owners, and subject matter experts.
The role focuses on the relationship between business strategy and realising business outcomes — clarifying strategic intentions; identifying business outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing stakeholder questions by means of business process modelling.
This role will work closely with a community of business architects and process analysts across domains within Schroders, the rest of Group Change, and the Enterprise Architecture team. This role holder will be both acting as an enterprise business process architect and also providing support, governance and oversight to business architects and process analysts embedded in specific domains and change programmes.
• Significant input into the design of Schroders’ Value Streams and the embedding of these into the business design knowledgebase and distributed business design community
• Definition of business process modelling standards and guidelines
• Definition and provision of business process modelling training
• Delivery and management of an enterprise process modelling framework and governance process to ensure that all change is supported by appropriate, approved target state business process definitions
• Ensure that process models link in to the relevant aspects of the enterprise architecture knowledgebase
• Define a clear plan for ensuring the business and process architecture work is closely aligned with the other Enterprise Architecture viewpoints.
• Advisory to the Steering Committee and Design Authority for projects/programmes
• Work with enterprise architects and senior business stakeholders to define strategic plans for leveraging an integrated business architecture knowledgebase as part of the enterprise architecture.
• Provide strategic consultation to define or design business capabilities, value streams and related high level processes, organisational views, and key information concepts, and other outputs as required.
• Use enterprise architecture software tools to develop, govern and disseminate business design related information across the organisation.
• Facilitate design and support the development of enterprise solutions.
• Develop, motivate and direct staff to create a team environment.
• Apply Schroders SAFe Agile methodology, standards and behaviour to all work.
Responsibilities of the role
The role will involve:
• Leading the implementation of Enterprise business process architecture practices into Schroders
• Delivery of business design assignments within the context of enterprise-scale business transformation
• Engaging and building positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation
• Influencing the approach, agenda, prioritisation and pipe line of the Business Design Practice through best practice input, subject-matter expertise, experience and the injection of innovative ideas and ways of thinking
• Challenging conventional wisdom and freely expressing their own opinion
• Operating as a positive role model for the rest of the team through their attitude, contribution and use of the Schroders SAFe Agile method
• As required, working seamlessly with colleagues, external consultants and vendors involved in their in-scope programmes of work
• Understanding the needs of our clients and the business and tailoring the approach accordingly
• BPMN qualified Business Process Architect
• BCS Professional Certificate in Business Architecture, Certified Business Architect (Business Architecture Guild), or other professional qualification
• Demonstrable experience in the identification and management of business rules and policies across organisational boundaries
• Demonstrable experience in enterprise architecture software and/or CASE tools (for example, but not limited to: Orbus iServer, Aris, Casewise, Mega)
Overview of the Domain Knowledge required
• Broad Investment management experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Front Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
o Middle and Back Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
o Distribution, marketing, web, collaboration and CRM
o Corporate functions required to support the running of an Asset Management organisation: Risk, Finance, Procurement, HR, Legal and Compliance
• Investment Management Certificate (IMC), CFA, CIMA or other professional qualification
Overview of the Relationship Management experience required
• Able to build a positive profile across the organisation
• Able to build strong relationships across the organisation from a position of trust
• Proven ability to create a working relationship within business domains and establishing a role as a trusted advisor
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.