Global Platforms Enterprise Tooling Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Team OverviewIT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.Global Infrastructure Technology is responsible for running all aspects of Infrastructure for Schroders globally. We have representative support personnel in most global offices. The bulk of architecture & engineering happens in London, Singapore & New York.
Supporting the Enterprise Tooling (Infrastructure) and Hosting capabilities, this role will be focused on continuing engineering of Enterprise Tools and the interactions between them. This includes supporting the interplay between our Monitoring (Logicmonitor), AIOps(Moogsoft), Log correlation, (Splunk) and Data movement (HDF/nifi) platforms, including the management of this environment using an Application as Code approach.
This role is heavily focused on Automation.
Excellent knowledge of Ansible, python and CI/CD is essential, as well as an eagerness to learn new tools and programming languages.
A good working knowledge of Splunk internals, and how they are managed via the command line would be useful. Any experience in HortonWorks DataFlow (HDF), kafka, and docker wouldalso be advantageous.
This role has been created as part of the globalisation of the infrastructure teams & technologies for Schroders. This role will build, design, test and deliver the strategy provided bythe technical authority for this vertical. They will be responsible for the globally delivery and travel to the regions will be?potentially?required from time to time.
Key responsibilities • Improve and develop Application as Code for core Enterprise Tooling.
• Assist with the automation of run books, and smoke tests.
• Assist with data ingestion processes into HDF/Splunk. Work on improving the data pipeline.
• Work with our internal clients, assisting their projects, offering support and guidance to their initiatives, while keeping in mind Global Platforms strategy.
• Work with vendors and other internal teams. General and Technical skills
• Good people skills.?
• Good time management.?
• Self starter.?
• Good communication skills.?
• Knowledge and experience of using Agile methodologies e.g. SAFe, SCRUM, Kanban
• Has the ability to translate concepts into reality.??
• Background in financial services?or similar regulated industry.?
• Understand the importance of metrics & statistics when measuring the performance & capacity.
• Experience with delivering analytics reports/tools in enterprise setting?
• Excellent understanding and experience of Ansible
• Good understanding of Linux (RHEL 7) and Windows
• Good python 2 (or 3) knowledge
• Working knowledge of powershell and winrm
• Knowledge of Splunk visualization (search, dashboarding, reporting), props and transforms
• Experience with ETL for getting access to and manipulating the underlying data sources:
• Other high level language that is well suited to data extraction and manipulation
• Work with a mixture of file formats, including (but not restricted to):?
• Positive attitude, capable of remaining positive when under immense pressure.??
• A good communicator, and able to?work with teams on a journey of?globalisation?and automation.??
• Someone who never accepts the status-quo. Someone who challenges why things are done the way they are.??
• Someone who is capable of ‘green-field’ thinking. Capable of imaging how the global platform?could?look, and capable of creating a strategy to get us there.??
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
• Work well with others, in a collaborative environment.
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.