Are you a dedicated, detail-orientated information developer/technical author who wants to work on the ground-breaking digital technology for the world's leading semiconductor IP company? Does technology excite you, and can you apply your technical knowledge to writing state of the art content as part of our content development team?
If yes, let's discuss you joining our diverse Technical Communications team.
We are part of the Arm Partner Enablement Group, and are responsible for documenting the wide portfolio of Arm processors. This encompasses a broad spectrum of product areas from the smallest microcontrollers to high-performance computing cores.
- Your top priority in this role is to collaborate with domain experts on crafting structured technical content. You improve the comprehension and consistency of the documentation, and eliminate ambiguity without the loss of precision.
- Working with our engineers to understand our new products, and your contributions ensure that the content is easy to understand by the end users.
- Leading all content development activities for one or more products and act as a coach to less experienced information developers.
- You keep the documentation in sync with corporate writing standards and guidelines, and contribute to initiatives that aim to improve quality standards.
The skill we most value is your ability to learn and grow within the job and your commitment to use this knowledge to help your colleagues. Your success in this position is almost guaranteed if you possess the following skills and qualifications:
- You are an experienced information developer, taking ownership for delivering content without supervision and dedicated to a detail-orientated approach.
- Building on your working knowledge of electronics; it is an advantage if your are familiar enough with computer architecture, microprocessors, or a related technical field you are in a position to strengthen the team.
- You have a degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant technical field.
- Your social skills make you a great teammate, and you enjoy communicating, collaborating, and interacting with engineers and other information developers.
- Worked with collaborative tools and systems used to produce documentation. You are familiar with technical writing tools, DITA, content management systems, version control systems, documentation review tools, and vector graphics.
- Knowledge of or worked with HTML, XML, or XSLT. Familiar to Perl, Python, or a similar scripting language.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions. Our core beliefs define how we work together to defy the ordinary and shape the extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don't.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Be prepared to make the best of it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be open and not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don't know'.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.