|Recruiter:||National Foundation for Educational Research|
|Listed on:||2nd July|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Applications Developer - Microsoft.NET
Can you develop bespoke web applications using Mircosoft.NET and want to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity?
About NFER (National Foundation for Educational Research)
With a 70-year history, NFER is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
As the Applications Developer, you'll translate software requirements into workable programming code and maintain and develop programs and bespoke web applications, using predominately the Microsoft.NET development stack.
You'll develop and integrate internal systems, and produce new systems to support NFER's expanding educational products and services, and research projects. Key responsibilities include;
- Developing web and Windows applications using object orientated languages such as C# and VB.NET.
- Working with relational databases.
- Querying datasets from relational databases.
- Ensuring all applications are developed using secure development principles and are thoroughly tested prior to release.
- Maintaining, supporting and updating current and future applications.
- Ensuring all system documentation is up-to-date.
- Undertaking other duties commensurate with the role including covering for other team members.
Your technical background:
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as C#, Java etc.
- Ideally some experience of using relational databases, including knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Expertise in using the Microsoft development stack (Visual Studio, ASP.NET, SQL Server, IIS, Team Foundation Server etc).
- Experience of commercial software development practices (e.g. using source control and agile development principles).
- Experience with web technologies such as AJAX and jQuery.
You'll love this job, if you:
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Have strong problem solving skills innovative thinking
- Take pride in your work and have good attention to detail
- Have good interpersonal skills, ability to disseminate knowledge
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines
If you have experience of using AWS or Azure, or configuring IIS. Knowledge of other programming/scripting languages such as Python, PHP and VBA. Experience of SharePoint development, load testing using JMeter, or use of Atlassian's Jira / Confluence software (or similar).
- Competitive salary based on skills and experiences (£26,638 - £40,291)
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days' holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as an Applications Developer, apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.