Are you excited to work on upcoming display technologies such as VR/AR devices and HDR televisions?
Are you passionate about hardware design and do you want to explore the state-of-the-art of Display and Imaging technologies?
This position provides an excellent opportunity to participate in the micro-architecture, design and definition of display processors in our dynamic hardware design team. You will be taking ownership of complex display hardware blocks and you will collaborate with the architecture and hardware verification teams.
About the Display Team
The Display Group produces Display Processors hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. The Mali™ range of Display hardware offers an advanced, compositing display processor tuned for high performance and energy efficiency. Our Display hardware is supported by high performance software drivers for multiple APIs running on multiple different operating systems (e.g. Linux and Android).
What will I be accountable for?
- Your involvement in feasibility analysis of suggested architectures and algorithms will be necessary as you will craft microarchitecture specifications in collaboration with other team members
- Your key accountabilities will involve RTL specifications, design and logic implementation as well as front-end implementation tasks like synthesis, logic equivalence check, and STA
- You will work closely with the verification team and you will share the responsibility of delivering high quality hardware designs
- There will be opportunities for improving our design methodology and mentoring other members of the team
Required skills and experience
- You can demonstrate a strong delivery record of high quality, low power, high performance complex micro-architecture and RTL implementations in reasonable timescales.
- You are knowledgeable on ASIC/FPGA design methodology, IP signoff methods with a deep understanding on timing/area/complexity trade-offs for complex data path designs
- You have a working knowledge of common on-chip bus protocols such as AMBA
- You are able to plan and estimate your own work
- Experience with any of System Verilog, UVM and formal verification
- Past experience in media, video, ISP, or display designs is a plus
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Tcl, C shell as it can be helpful for a variety of tasks
- Understanding of hardware-software integration and MATLAB/algorithm development
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don't.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don't know'.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.