We are looking for an experienced Staff Imaging Algorithm Engineer to join Arm as part of the Display Imaging Team. This team is responsible for all the existing/new algorithms we use in our display products and their evaluation in terms of image quality. Would you be interested in being one of the key contributors in a team that reshapes the technology? Do you want to see the algorithm you have invented is being used by millions of people? Would working on emerging AR technologies excite you? We may be looking just for you.
About the Display Team
Arm's Display team provides image processing technology that you will almost certainly be using today, such as our Mali Display Processors, capable of driving high-end displays up to 4K in resolution. The SoCs at the heart of these devices use our IP in the form of hardware and software designs, which is the culmination of man-decades of development in the field of imaging.
From this role, you can expect the following:
- Your work will involve developing and optimizing image processing algorithms to meet the project and customer requirements.
- You will spend time assessing the quality of those algorithms using advanced methodologies.
- You are expected to stay up to date with the state-of-the-art in image processing techniques
- You will be applying your knowledge in new algorithms development to build outstanding products in the fields of display technologies and image processing.
- You shall be presenting the algorithms you have developed to the wider engineering team, acting as a mentor and technical expert, ensuring the team fully understands the concepts and benefits of your algorithm and building your own presence
- You will join a small hardworking team, giving you the opportunity to develop and make a meaningful contribution
We need you to have the following skills:
- Broad knowledge of image processing fundamentals and good mathematical thinking skills
- Excellent programming skills in at least one object oriented language (preferably C++) and experience with at least one scripting language (preferably Matlab)
- Experience with fixed-point implementation
- Experience in optimizing algorithms for hardware implementation
- Good understanding of colour image representation and colour spaces
- Good interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- A creative and structured approach to problem solving and excellent attention to details
- A strong will and eagerness for learning and self-improvement
- Experience in 3D math
- A real passion for display technologies
- Passion for Augmented Reality technology and its applications
- Understanding of AR/VR hardware
- Experience with image quality assessment methodologies
- Understanding of agile development environment
- Experience with a version control software (e.g. Git)
- Hands on experience with software debugging
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don't know'
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.