About the role
As System Engineer for Data Platforms you are an integral part of Tesco Technology's Data and Analytics team. You have accountability for the engineering excellence of the data platform, realising this from the current state and evolving engineering practices to meet the changing demand.
You use your technical breadth and depth to build and operate mission critical systems at scale inspiring engineering community you interact with. Successfully transforming the way we build and operate platforms, allowing SW engineering platform consumers to focus on value add work will be a key activity.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Establishing and sharing the engineering excellence for data platforms.
- Building the data platforms to transform them without impact to existing levels of service.
- Designing solutions that will operate at scale.
- Contributing to supplier roadmaps.
- Inspiring the engineering team to produce quality solutions.
- Keeping up with Industry trends.
- Building globally, ensuring consistency in approach throughout all our locations.
- Ensure operational stability is balanced with engineering and roadmap delivery.
- Contributing to building a team culture for continuous improvement and an environment where engineers want to work.
- Continuously sharing feedback with the engineering teams for them to meet the required quality standards.
- Driving adoption of new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
- Keep your technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, processes, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco.
You will need
Experience relevant for this job:
- Track record of managing mission critical, large scale service in a global organisation
- Strong technical knowledge of large scale, complex platforms.
- Track record of using automation to build platforms and prevent problem recurrence.
- Ops experience in automated delivery such as continuous integration, continuous deployment and immutable infrastructure
- Depth and breadth of knowledge (cloud computing, networks, infra as code)
- Contributing to the Opensource community
- Working in a globally distributed team.
Skills relevant for the job:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical/ analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Cloud Technologies
- Infrastructure as Code
- Linux OS fundamentals and troubleshooting
- Networking - TCP/IP, routing, DNS, DHCP, Loadbalancers
- Scripting / coding skills - Bash, Python, Golang or similar
- Desired State Configuration Tools - one of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform or similar
- Containers - Docker, lxc, Kubernetes.
- Creating CI/CD Pipelines for delivery
- Systems architecture, security and Disaster Recovery
In the Data and Analytics team, we focus on solving complex business problems developing products that can be deployed at scale to our customers. Our work spans across multiple platforms that support business areas including Stores, Online, Fulfilment, Marketing and Clubcard.
Our core work involves designing and building the data platforms that will support development of data products that can be deployed at scale both internally and externally.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards.
If that sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please get in touch!
What's in it for you
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Healthcare and dental options.
- Buy As You Earn Scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares and save tax after 3 months of service.
- Save As You Earn Scheme which gives you the opportunity to save direct from your pay for three or five years with the option of using your savings to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price after 1 year of service.
- Access to Tesco Learning and Development Academy.
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank.
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses.
- Cycle to work and Car Share Schemes.
- Onsite discounted Nuffield Health Gym.
- Subsidised Canteen.
Our office application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.
Apply by: 17/07/2019