Senior Business Analyst - IT
£50,000 - £55,000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Are you a Senior Business Analyst with a business benefits focus and exceptional stakeholder management and negotiation skills? This leading UK training provider is seeking a confident senior BA with strong analysis skills who can also keep an eye on the bigger picture to work on a variety of projects from web development to package enhancement. You will be joining a small, friendly Analysis & Testing team in a flexible and supportive IT department.
Experience of working in an Agile (SCRUM) environment is also essential, whilst exposure to working with offshore development teams, external vendors and clients would be an advantage. The employer offers a competitive benefits package, flexible working and career development opportunities.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Elicit business and systems requirements with broad range of stakeholders
- Working with technical teams, evaluate systems solutions options and gain stakeholder approval to implement
- Produce systems spec. at a level of quality required for both clients and technical teams
- Co-ordinate the development of system changes
- Working alongside a project manager, identify, manage and communicate risks and issues
- Manage the team's backlog, ensuring development priorities are clear, working with stakeholders to determine priorities
- Alongside a testing team, undertake user acceptance and system testing
- Working with DevOps and DBAs co-ordinate releases to staging and production environments
- A proven track record of working as a business analyst on complex projects which have a high degree of system customisations and bespoke development; both web and business systems
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, preferably SCRUM
- A good toolkit of requirements elicitation and analysis techniques including the ability to run workshops with stakeholders
- A good understanding of change management and how to implement
- A good understanding of data and systems architectures and a willingness to develop further understanding in this area.
- A strong business benefits focus with the ability to prioritise work based on business and contractual obligations
- Exceptional team working, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of requirements management tools e.g. Rally, Jira
- Experience of testing including writing test scripts
- Working with offshore development teams
A salary is offered up to £55k plus a flexible and competitive benefits package including 25 days' holiday, pension, healthcare, life insurance etc. The client also offers flexible working hours and the option to work at home up to 2 days per week (after satisfactory completion of probation).