Business analyst, SPARX, UML, ISEB, public sector, blue light, police, ambulance, fire service, fire brigade, paramedics, first responders, 111, 999, emergency services, analysis, information technoilogy, business change, business analysis, workshops, business requirements, documentation, gap analysis
Our Central Government client based in London are looking for an experienced Business Analyst.
Working within our Information Technology Department alongside current system managers, the Business Analyst will be expected to assist in the planning and delivery of the analysis phase of this project as a critical responsibility of this role.
The requirement is to document how the client manages its premises-related risk recording across a range of business processes, identifying emerging needs, outline solutions and propose ways forward to support the development of our future risk management systems through redefined ways of working.
Planning the redesign of business processes
- Assisting core business project Team Members with workshops, discussions and process re-design
- Planning the analysis of existing data and revised data sets
- Assisting core business project Team Members with workshops, discussions and documentation of new data set requirements
- Leading on the identification and definition or requirements for the system
- Leading on production of the technical specification and solution design, compiling the ITT for procurement of a product
- The expected outcomes of this engagement are:
- Systems specification document that can be used as the basis for the procurement of a new solution
- Gap analysis
- Current and future state
- Training needs analysis
Key skills / Experience
- Extensive experience of development of processes and business solutions, redesigning processes across multiple departments and functional teams to support effective operation and business change
- Extensive experience of business analysis and documenting business/system requirements, using SPARX Enterprise Architect modelling tool. Practical experience of UML modelling. Ability to present/explain documentation produced directly from SPARX Enterprise Architect
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience of facilitating workshops
- Have previous experience of working in the Public Sector
- Experience of producing a product specification and documentation as part of the procurement process
- ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis
- Blue Light employment history
- Working as part of a business change project team would be advantageous