Start Date: ASAP
My Client, a major International telecoms and network company, are currently looking for a Network Engineer to join their on-site team in Malmesbury.
As the Network Engineer your main responsibilities will include (But are not limited to):
- Interfacing with management, stalk holders and suppliers to maintain and implement solutions to meet business requirements.
- Managing the rollout of critical network infrastructures to support the clients products and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
- Ensuring that the global network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required for internal and customer SLA guarantees and expectations by means of specific metrics and measurements.
- Provision of third line support for the Service Delivery and Infrastructure Technical Services Team.
- Conducting technology and network assessments, including solutions to enhance or create new business opportunities, integrating multiple technologies.
- Participating in Infrastructure based projects to design, implement new systems and technologies.
- Managing implementations by 3rd parties, from initial supplier selection, through commercial agreement until final project completion.
- Driving operational projects to improve systems, processes and service delivery quality within the team, department and wider business.
- Liaising and if required escalating within team to provide knowledge transfer to ensure a consistent level of systems understanding is achieved.
- Publishing, improving and managing internal I.T. documentation.
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess the following:
- Proven track record with successful deployment network projects on time to quality from a resource, task and technical perspective.
- Dedicated to providing customer service and managing relationships.
- Able to travel to worldwide sites to engage in project work, or third line fault repair.
- Proficient problem solver who is able to understand others agendas and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Confident communicator, via email, telephone and face to face.
- Ability to communicate complex I.T. information to non-technical audience with clarity.
- Strong planning & time management skills.
- Good understanding delivering success in an I.T. function.
- Able to engage the business at all levels to solve problems and implement improvements.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing project requirements and dealing with incidents
- Must be self-motivated with strong sense of ownership.
- Comfortable working outside of core working hours when necessary to complete the task in hand.
- Knowledge of LAN/WLAN/WAN support for voice, data and video networks at Access and Core network locations
- In depth technical knowledge of Cisco products and technologies (Nexus, Catalyst 65xx, 38xx, 9xxx, IE Switches, VSS, ASA, WLAN and ISE), McAfee Firewalls, F5 technologies & Riverbed WAN Acceleration as well as advanced network routing and switching technologies.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing, VPNs, QoS, layer 2 and layer 3 VLANS. Concepts include, but not limited to, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, HSRP, NAT, 802.1x, 802.1q and 802.1ah
- Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, UPS, etc.
- Strong router, switch and IP configuration experience is necessary.
- A strong customer focus with excellent communication (verbal/written) and influencing skills, with an ability to manage internal and external relationships up to senior levels of management.
- 5 years' experience working in high pressure IT environments
- CCNA qualified