Junior Network Field Engineer
£25000 - £30000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This IT solution provider is seeking to expand their technical team with a Junior Network Field Engineer to help with the increasing demand of professional services in the Network Automation sector.
You will be a confident, energetic self-starter and passionate learner, having potentially just graduated and/or looking for that next step on your career ladder with a company willing to invest and support you in your future growth.
The role will require you to support their Customers, and work onsite as and when required, delivering their Professional Services to the highest standard. This includes design, installation, upgrade, configuration and maintenance of network automation platforms as well as training to network admins.
Having experience in network automation is a big plus, however, this is not a prerequisite for applying to this position.
- Assist customers with their network automation tools: design, install, configure, train and support
- Define main KPI's for network automation and troubleshooting
- Use python and other languages to customize the solution to the customer environment
- Document troubleshooting steps on runbooks
- Integrate tools using REST API
- Presales activities, hold presales and scoping calls with customers in order to identify technical requirements
- Help the support team solving support tickets on an adhoc basis
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Strong networks-related background
- Understand main network protocols: ICMP, SNMP, SSH, CDP, LLDP, NDP
- Scripting/programming knowledge in Python or similar
- Have good communication skills
- Can do attitude
- Fast learner
Desirable skills (not essential)
- Experience with network automation tools (Netbrain, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- MongoDB administration skills
- Experience in level 3 Support
Dedication and success are recognized throughout the company and everyone works hard to ensure customer satisfaction. Their divisions are made up of highly motivated and experienced individuals who are focused on providing insight and support whilst maintaining the highest level of service.
Unity - One team. No exceptions, we are a family united by a clear purpose.
Integrity - We put our people first; our people put our Customers first.
Quality - Strive for Excellence. Search for Improvements.
Other benefits: pension, private healthcare, up to 33 days holidays (inc Bank Holidays) comprehensive training.