1st Line Support Engineer
£21000 - £23000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
1st Line Support Engineer
Our client's supportive and high-functioning IT team are seeking a 1st Line Support Engineer to join them in Bristol. You'll play a truly integral role in delivering a first-rate service to this busy intellectual property firm of around 200 users.
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop your career in IT with a successful firm.
As a 1st Line Support Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all Helpdesk calls, emails and alerts, assessing urgency and prioritising accordingly
- Proactively managing problem calls through to completion in a timely manner
- Supporting users remotely, both over email and phone
- Troubleshooting to help resolve issues
- Owning the new starter process of setting up new employees with all necessary IT equipment and system access
- Configuring new software for both office-based and remote workers
- Setting up and maintaining user accounts on systems
- Arranging any required equipment repairs, including escorting third parties attending to equipment faults within the site and managing the disposal of redundant IT equipment
To be considered as a 1st Line Support Engineer, you will need:
- At least one year's experience in an IT Helpdesk environment
- A good understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Experience with Office 2013/2016 and the Office 365 applications and environment
- A positive outlook and a "can do attitude"
- Demonstrable experience of having excellent customer service skills at work
- Salary of £21,000 - £23,000 per annum DOE
- Discretionary Christmas bonus
- Join a growing, vibrant office in central Bristol
- Develop your career with a leading firm that promotes a healthy work/life balance
- The chance to learn from senior members of the firm and increase your IT knowledge and experience
- The chance to buy up to an extra five days' holiday each year
About the Firm
With offices in Bristol, Leamington Spa, London, Munich and Sheffield, our client is one of Europe's largest dedicated intellectual property law firms with around 200 employees in total.
Established more than 130 years ago, they remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for their clients. Today, our client is honoured to work with a fantastic client base, including many renowned, innovative organisations based across the world.
If you think you have the skills to succeed, apply online today. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted as they come in.
Other companies may call this role 1st Line Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Support Analyst, Technical Support Analyst, Helpdesk Support Analyst or Service Desk Engineer.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.