Group Leader Environmental Test Centre - Shoeburyness
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
QinetiQJob title: Group Leader Environmental Test Centre Location: ShoeburynessIntroduction:At QinetiQ we're dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.We provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests.We provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests.Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure, providing services and products that address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
Responsible for the day to day, safe and effective management of the Environmental Test Centre (ETC) at MOD Shoeburyness. Ensuring that business demand is satisfied through the delivery of safe and efficient operation of all of the facilities under their control.
Safety: Responsible for the safe operation of the ETC ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation, guidance, standards and the associated aspects of the QinetiQ Operating Framework. Promoting a culture of continuous improvement for health, safety and the environment.
Capability: Ensuring the availability of an appropriate and fit for purpose Environmental Test capability to meet the current and future requirements of the business.
Capacity: Collaborating with key leaders across QinetiQ and other stakeholders to ensure that the capacity of the ETC matches the agreed demand.
Culture: Developing an effective working environment that facilitates safe, vibrant and collaborative team working in line with QinetiQ leadership behaviours and values.
Technical Expertise: Working as a key technical expert within programmes to improve business delivery through technical excellence, acting as a trusted advisor, mentor and key contributor.
Company Collaboration: Through partnership and communication, work across the business and functional boundaries within QinetiQ to create collaborative working relationships.
Demonstrating progression against professional competencies and driving a culture of continuous professional development within discipline.
* Good understanding of health, safety and environmental legislation, standards and practices.
* Proven track record in delivering safe, maintained and efficient facility operations.
* Ability to successfully lead and manage a team in a matrix management organisation.
* Ability to challenge poor behaviours, make corrective changes and promote continuous improvement.
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
* Good understanding of Process Improvement and Change Management techniques.
Experience & Qualifications
* Extensive operational experience, ideally managing teams in a high hazard facility or environment.
* Experience of developing and line managing others and building effective teams in a matrix management, technical environment to meet specific and challenging objectives.
* Experience of Process Improvement and Change Management.
* Degree or equivalent in an engineering or scientific discipline.
Experience of environmental testing and/or working with OME would be an advantage.
Must be prepared to take on an emergency response role in support of facility and site operations.
Exit paragraph: We look for outstanding technical people, creative and analytical thinkers, decisions makers, influencers and excellent communicators. Join us today.Apply at https://www.qinetiq.com/Careers