HPC Site Learning & Continuous Improvement SME (Construction)
We are actively looking to secure an HPC Site Learning and Continuous Improvement SME to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
- Responsible for oversight and promoting rigour and pragmatism for designated scope of investigations for the HPC Learning & Improvement Team to ensure compliance with Site Licence Condition 7 - Incidents on Site.
- Responsible for promoting and delivering improvement activities for Learning and driving Continuous Performance Improvement within the HPC Site and the Associated Developments.
- Assess and make judgements on learning opportunities to ensure the project provides an appropriate proportional response, considering the impact on safety, quality, time and cost.
- Provide the investigation expertise and assurance to site management for reporting of events in accordance with Site Licence Condition 7 requirements and associated arrangements.
- Develop and implement data analysis tools, write trend reports (in particular analysis of Nonconformance reports), identify recommendation/actions for the site management team. Enable digital communication with Tier 1 contractors to optimise the interface.
- Provide organisational learning guidance tailored to specific disciplines/areas of the project to
- Directorates and the Programme Delivery Teams and be a focal point for general organisational learning matters. Leading Benchmarking activities to ensure learning is captured and actioned.
- Provide technical challenge at the HPC Site Periodic Screening Meeting and Corrective Action Review Board ensuring all preparation requirements are met and meeting outputs managed and processed.
- Utilising knowledge of safety case construction and Nuclear Power Station design principles to inform decision making relating to prioritisation and targeting of learning to maximise benefit to the project being mindful of the needs of the future operator.
- Support the process and provide the focus for capturing & disseminating post activity lessons learned relating to general organisation and continuous improvement activities.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to influence and drive adoption of continuous improvement practices throughout the construction industry.
- Ability to work in a fast paced delivery oriented environment to seek opportunities to embed immediate change in the organisation and workforce
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge and experience of engineering projects and common challenges and opportunities.
- Current knowledge of health & safety practices within the construction industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills, coupled with attention to details
- Works with enthusiasm and energy and is able to engage with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Identifies shortfalls in ways of working and provides feedback on required amendments using own
- knowledge drawing on extensive experience in the construction industry
- Ability to communicate complex topics and difficult messages in a clear and understandable way which is accessible and relatable for a diverse audience of differing levels of technical background.
- Ability to utilise extensive knowledge and experience to speed up decision making within the organisation, provide informed pragmatic and achievable recommendations to improve existing ways of working and the ability to take the appropriate action to drive a culture where learning is translated as quickly as possible into improved (safer and/or more efficient) ways of working.
- Ability to present KPIs, information and guidance for internal stakeholders and for Regulators in a clear straight forward fashion with the ability to draw out the key messages, outputs and forward actions.
- Appreciation of how the design and construction decisions/actions can introduce latent errors and then subsequently impact Nuclear Safety
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years industrial experience in a leadership position
- Knowledge and experience of incident investigation techniques in a technical context
- Experience of promoting & using error reduction techniques in a technical context
- Background in Human Factors in industrial settings
- BTEC ONC/HNC or equivalent in Engineering/Construction plus relevant experience or degree in a related engineering subject
- APM Introductory Certificate or equivalent qualification in Project Management advantageous
- Accreditation with a professional body
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.