|Listed on:||17th June|
|Salary/Rate:||£36,000 - £45,000|
|Contact Name:||Recruitment Genius Ltd|
This company operates as a flat organisation, and believe in trusting and supporting all of the team to operate independently. They believe in giving everyone an opportunity to continually learn and grow in the direction they choose, and they actively help and support people to shape the career that they wish to have.
They take work-life balance seriously, enabling people to work flexibly where possible and they strive to create a fun and relaxed working environment that allows their team to thrive. They have annual company away days, organise company social events and hold regular technical meetups.
They are looking to add consultants to their engineering team to work initially on developing and supporting several online Government services which have been developed in Ruby and Python. Each application supports several thousand citizens. They also have other exciting in-house and client based projects which include clients in the rail industry, and leading edge start-ups.
They require candidates to have good knowledge of either python or ruby (at least one years commercial experience) and be willing to pick up skills in both.
High calibre candidates who are independent self starters with a critical and analytical minds.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- The ability to tackle complex problems, willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Scientific or technical degree, or relevant qualifications, or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 years experience Python or Ruby.
- Experience of Django or Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of key programming concepts.
- Some understanding of DevOps technologies (such as git, - Docker, jenkins, travis or AWS).
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic Salary up £40k + Bonus
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Flexibility to work from home
- Generous discretionary bonus
- Statutory & Contributory pension
- Gym Membership
- Annual Away days
- Monthly company socials
- Ongoing training
The role will initially be based in their Aldgate offices as well as client offices in Central London both of which are close to major tube and rail stations. Most other client work is within the M25 but candidates should be open to working in different locations for different clients and should be happy to travel as client needs dictate.