Data Platform Specialist
£46410 - £54600
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Data Platform Specialist
Our client's purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, they have been working to save those who are in danger of drowning. Now, they are looking for a Data Platform Specialist to join them in a new role, supporting their lifesavers to fulfil this purpose.
Our client is embarking on an exciting journey to use data to drive the organisation and decisions both now and in the future. They're looking for key people to lead and be part of a fantastic team with Data driving their lifesaving activities.
Data Platform Specialists sit within our client's Data, Evidence and Insight Team with the aim of supporting the business and improving the way they manage, govern, and derive analysis from their data assets. The aim is to ensure they have the right data, and data systems, to create insight and evidence that will lead to fewer lives lost from drowning.
Some of the Benefits
- Salary of £46,410 - £54,600 (dependent on experience)
- Flexible working
- 26 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cash plan
As the Data Platform Specialist, you will:
- Be responsible for implementation and day-to-day management of a new Shared Data Platform with the latest technology
- Use technology including Data Integration, Master Data, and Data Science/Analytics
- Provide a best practice approach in use of the platform capabilities to integrate systems and master data sets
- Work in partnership with Analysis teams in the provision of data and analysis output
Our client is looking for candidates that are experienced in:
- Data or Analytics type platforms (Data Management, Data Integration, Master Data, Data Migrations, data marts/warehouses)
- Working with complex ETL routines and tools
- SQL code, MS SQL server
- Master Data management tools
- Java, data modelling
- Data wrangling
- Working with a variety of data formats and protocols (xml, csv, JSON, structured and unstructured data)
- Ideally candidates should have an understanding of DAMA and its application on data centric solution design
This is a chance to join a team of experienced data professionals undertaking significant change, building the foundations for a top-class data management and analytical service.
If you have the experience we're looking for and a desire to make a difference, please apply now!
Our client is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. They expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
The closing date for applications is the 23rd June 2019.
Our client's staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. They respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within their teams, and consider it essential to help deliver a world-class lifesaving service. They are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, they also look for applicants who share their commitment to living their values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping work towards their goals of halving drowning in the UK and Ireland by 2024. This involves a growing commitment to preventative action, using expertise to work in partnership with communities locally, nationally and internationally to prevent drowning.
Other organisations may call this role Integration Specialist, Integration Specialist, Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Systems Analyst, Data Specialist.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're ready to join our client as a Data Platform Specialist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.