Role: SAP BW Developer
Rate: £550/ Day
Duration: 6 Months
- I&I SAP BW developer will take the responsibility to deliver core BW developments used within the client organisation in response to business/program demands.
- Act as the subject matter expert for The client's SAP BW/BI platforms ensuring they support current and future exploitation of the platforms to meet the client's growing SAP deployments.
- This role can be considered as a key role which determines the success of SAP BW/BI capability. The capacity to staff and to drive the people within the team but also the capacity to promote the usage of SAP based information provided through those BI tools within the organisation will determine the success or failure of the SAP BI team.
- Provide guidance across the stakeholder community and work with the BICC Manager to ensure all solutions are fit for purpose, deliver business value and benefit from Corporate programmes.
- Exceed customer expectations through the delivery of consistent, well documented and supportable SAP BI solutions.
- Deliver SAP BW based solutions, to time, budget and customer expectations.
- Manage the team's support of changes/enhancements to existing SAP BW/BI solutions in accordance with client SLA's.
- Establish and maintain appropriate standards and best practices with respect to delivering SAP BI based solutions.
- Work with other senior members of the Group I&I team to ensure the client has a coherant overall BI Strategy and best practice with respect to delivering BI based solutions.
- Be the recognised SME in SAP's BI product and technology road map, using this knowledge to support program and project activities, interacting with both technical and business peers to a senior level.
Technical & Specialist Knowledge
- 7 years + prior experience in SAP BW/BO projects supporting multiple SAP Functional areas.
- Experience working with SAP Business Intelligence (BW & BO) on-premis non-Hana solutions, as well as significant experience in consulting and dealing with clients.
- Advanced knowledge of the design, development and implementation of SAP Business Intelligence solutions.
- BW Datasource enhancements, Install & activate BW business content, Good experience working with ABAP logic in transformations, Cubes, DSOs, Multi-providers and BeX queries.
- Knowledge on SAP WEBI & any previous experience is highly beneficial.
- Experience in working with distributed 'teams' who extend the core team's delivery capability.
- Company Level Reporting (Definitions, Documentation, Accuracy and Single Truth Reporting).
- Experience in designing multi-dimensional models and having an excellent understanding of BI methodologies.
- Optimization/Monitoring/Governance of DWH related activities.
- Strong skills in SAP applications design, development, integration, process design, configuration, testing, deployment, and SAP application technical architecture.
- Experience of one or more SAP full lifecycle implementations using SAP Business Intelligence
- Experience of building SAP WebIntelligence (v 4.2) documents from BEx queries.
- Knowledge of using calculations and experience of utilising Variables, Input Controls, Reference Cells and Conditional formatting to achieve a report's functionality whilst maintaining the Corporate standard look and feel.
- 5 years plus SAP BW & BI Experience
- Worked in an Agile based development environment.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Knowledge/Experience in delivering SAP BI based solutions to a multi-national userbase.
- Commited to excellence in everything you do with a real desire to deliver quality service to customers at all times.
- Ability to create a strong team culture that supports development and recongintion for both the individuals and overall all team.
- Flexible, hard-working and thorough.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- Aptitude to work collaboratively across IT and non IT departments.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence others.
- Experience of working in technical teams with large enterprise class systems.
- Ability to understand decisions that need to be made by the business owners and communicate the same and achieve more within SAP BI team.
- Communicate appropriately with external service providers
- Must be able to follow agreed processes and make suggestions for improvements.
- Commercially Aware.
- Good creative thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to build trust with stakeholders.
- Current Security clearance.
- Must have or be able to gain MOD SC security clearance.
- Other security clearances as contracts demand; e.g. Met Police, CRB Check.