|Recruiter:||Nigel Frank International|
|Listed on:||11th June|
|Salary/Rate:||£40,000 - £50,000|
|Contact Name:||David Airey|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Power BI Consultant - Home-based - £40-45k
A fantastic company based in Canterbury is looking for a Power BI Consultant to work from home.
This company is a young ambitious software company which operates within the local government sector. They are associated with over 40 Local Authorities and are well-known within the public sector for delivering powerful insights through the use of analytical tools such as Power BI.
You will be given the opportunity to work on a range of different projects covering health and social care and employment with a company who has been nominated for several awards as a result of their work within the public sector. They allow Local Authorities to collaborate on various different issues, with a focus on social care.
This company presents a fantastic opportunity to take on a role where you would drive the Power BI focus and development allowing for further growth and progression for the business.
The role involves working primarily with Power BI to extract data from Social Care systems, as well as Open Data Sources, to model and create reports. You will do some work with SSRS but drive the progression towards Power BI.
You will be working from home 4 days per week and travelling to client site or London for one day per week. Your responsibilities will include:
- Documenting ETL requirements and assisting in their implementation.
- Researching/Analysing raw data to identify key insights which can be derived from the data via proof-of-concept analysis or mock-ups.
- Working with clients ahead of the development phase.
- Identifying issues with the source data and addressing them.
- Building visually engaging reports and dashboards by fully utilising Power BI.
To be the right fit for this role you should have the following technical experience:
- Very experienced with Power BI
- Experienced with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Understanding of DAX
- Knowledge of Data Integration techniques such as R, SSIS, or Power Query (Preferred)
- Experience with MS Flow (Preferred)
If you think that you would be a good fit for this role then apply today - interviews are taking place this week! Submit your CV or contact David Airey on [Telephone number removed] or at Click here to contact this recruiter for a confidential chat.