We're recruiting an IT Compliance Manager to join the team based at Kew Gardens.
This role is key to the successful delivery of the Organisations IT function working closely with the other colleagues in IT, end users, business stakeholders, applications development teams as well as the general user base.
As this is a new role within a new team, you will have autonomy to help define how the role and team develops.
In this role you'll have some of the following accountabilities:
- Create and carry out Internal IT Compliance Audits against Kew's policy and procedures. Working closely with the IT Security Analyst to compliment IT Security Audits.
- Assist in 3rd Party Audits such as PCI-DSS where you'll work alongside the finance team and the annual DEFRA compliance audit.
- Take operational responsibility of the maintenance and development of IT Security Policy, Information Security Governance and Information/Data Governance
- Be part of the risk driven process, including working with Kew's Legal and Health, Safety and Business Risk team to ensure risks are identified and managed and reported effectively.
- Ensure IT systems and services are appropriately risk assessed and that departmental risks are being recorded and managed.
- Maintain the Departmental Risk, Cyber and Data Protection risk registers.
- To be the point of contact as the IT Department Data Protection (DP) Lead supporting the IT Data Protection Champions and working in collaboration with the Organisational Data Protection Leads on data protection and privacy matters.
- Work closely with the Information Governance Manager, Legal and Security Governance teams to improve the awareness, understanding and appropriate use of technical and IT resources when managing data and information throughout its lifecycle.
- Additional DP responsibilities will include advising and supporting fulfilment of data subject requests such as Subject Access (SAR) and Freedom of Information (FOI) requests, assisting with the completion of Data Processing Impact Assessments (DPIA) for new and revised systems/services when required.
- Seek out and minimise duplication between, IT Service Management, Information Security and Data Protection, where policy, documentation and processes overlap helping to streamline the organisation and reduce ambiguity
- Sharing knowledge and provide assistance to the rest of the IT team through collaboration and maintaining comprehensive, up-to-date documentation regarding policy, processes and guidelines
- Assist in the formal implementation and improvement of ITIL as well as the change management process. Perform Change Manager duties when required
We are also looking for an IT Security Analyst which you can find on our website.
Kew is the world's leading botanic gardens, at the forefront of plant and fungal science, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a major visitor attraction.
We want a world where plants and fungi are understood, valued and conserved - because our lives depend on them.
We use the power of our science and the rich diversity of our gardens and collections to provide knowledge, inspiration and understanding of why plants and fungi matter to everyone.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a broad range of Learning and Development opportunities, with access to the Civil Service training curriculum, generous annual leave entitlement for new starters, family friendly policies, a choice of competitive pensions and flexible benefits scheme.
If you are interested in this position, please click the APPL Y button.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the post.
No agencies please.
Closing Date: 30/06/2019